
I enrolled Isabel in storytime on Tuesdays at our library. Do you not just *heart* your local library? And free, quality, educational kid entertainment always ranks high on my list! She is adoring storytime. They have the greatest things to play with, including some fabulous animal alphabet puppets. Storytime always includes books, of course, a days of the week activity, some music and dancing time, and a take-home craft. Today the theme was the ocean. Miss Jan read 2 ocean-themed books, they danced to "Octopus's Garden," and got take home a fish project. She truly is an art girl, and couldn't wait to do this project:


My cute cousin Colleen had a blog auction for the NieNie recovery, and I won this little beauty. It's an amazonite, jade, petrified wood, swarovski crystal, and glass beaded bracelet:
Brian's calling it an early birthday present to me. I'm just happy to be calling it MINE, and to have contribued just a teeny bit to this great cause. Did you see her siblings on the TODAY show? Amazing. All the blog auctions together have already raised more than $100,000. Goes to show a lot of littles can certainly add up to something big.
9 comments:
In my defense of the lotion thing, I declined the men's products because they were much more expensive for a smaller container of lotion. Absurd! Also, I do not buy the Bath and Body Works lotions for the scents. I am praying for the day they come out with an unscented body cream!
I alway love the Brain and his lotion story...nice defense Brain. The bracelet is super cute.
I love the lotion pic. Too cute! Whenever I want Elijah to eat something, I just say, "Don't you want to be big and strong like your daddy?" It usually works. :)
I wish I had a good library close by. Unfortunately, nothing is close by!
Thanks for helping out with my auction. :) I wanted to do something, and I just helped my friend open up her etsy shop, so voila. Her jewelry is really beautiful, you'll love the bracelet.
Congrats on the bracelet. Happy early birthday! I love Lucas' picture. To this day, I can't smell Coconut Lime Verbena without automatically thinking of Brian. Be proud Brian!
I'd rather have a husband who cares about his feet than one who doesn't. Brian shouldn't feel like he should defend it. I say be proud. I couldn't live without the library. In fact if I ever go back to school I would go into library sciences. I'm glad you got the bracelet, it's super cute!
I have to keep my feet moisturized, also. It makes me crazy if I dont. I totally simpathize with Brian.
Cute bracelet! I love those little things :)
Isabel is so cute with her little 'bonbons' on her head in that picture :) The story time sounds fun!
Did you get my email about how to make your donation for the bracelet? If not, here are instructions:
Visit www.paypal.com
Create and/or login to your Paypal account
Click on Send Money and follow through remaning details
Email address is nieniefund@gmail.com
Then just email me a copy of your receipt and Angela will get it in the mail!
I also *heart* my public library! And if I can suggest "Enchanted Orchid" for members of your family who may or may not use lotion.
Hehe I love the lotion story about Brian! Too funny. Their body cream is pretty heavenly though so I can't blame him. Did you spray paint your furniture black? I'm seeing black furniture in the background - you must share pics. And could Isabel be any cuter? I love her cute messy piggies - adorable. I need to be better about storytime since I hear we have a good one here. Thanks for the reminder!
Post a Comment