- Had a rockin' '80s dance party. This included: Isabel wearing only underwear, her dangerous pink heels, lip gloss and a purse (for some reason she thinks dancing means strip down; I SWEAR she did not get this from me) and trying out some rather interesting new moves; Connor doing some really good headstands; and Lucas doing his usual cool groovin'. And it must be noted that "dance" is one of his first words. Every time he hears music now, he says, "da..." It's only a matter of time before he adds "nce."
- Played a crazy game of "monster hide-and-seek." This is a game my dad played with my brothers and sisters and I in the fall/winter, when it was dark in the evenings. He would hide somewhere in the dark and we would find him, scared out of our ever-lovin' minds. It was terrifying fun! It made me smile and brought back so many memories as I lay crouched in a dark corner, hearing them trying to be brave and speculating about where I was, and then hearing the screams of fear/delight when I jumped out of my spot.
- Had a super-speedy game of "who can clean up the fastest." I think it was a tie.
- Ended with one of my very animated versions of "The 3 Little Bears." They L-O-V-E this story. I add more fluorishes each time, and they - all 3 - are captivated. As I was telling it, I realized they were all lying so close to each other, and had to capture it (even though it wasn't the greatest angle). This was totally unposed:

Sweetest faces, precious gifts, joys of my life.
7 comments:
I love how Lucas and Isabel both have the same expression, hand to mouth and everything. Such cute kiddos!
I miss monster hide-and-go-seek. Remember when Nathan would get "eaten"? Nolan has some exciting things coming! What a fun family (sans Brian) night. FUN!
What a fun blog, Melissa!
It's so great to write down memories like this so you can look back on them years from now and remember spending good times like this together!
Those are the best times, aren't they. I am going to try to call you this evening, if I can. It is now out in the open so I can tell you...I got released. When I called you, I was dying to tell you. Crazy life has of course got in the way. Let's talk soon.(V)
What fun! I loved those kinds of games when I was a kid, too :) Your kids are precious!
I love those moments you can stop and really enjoy your kids. Those are the moments that creat memories.
Post a Comment