Monday, September 15, 2008

Farewell to Yankee Stadium

Brian is at Yankee Stadium in NYC as I write this, fulfilling a lifelong dream to see Yankee Stadium. He made it by about 2 weeks! In case ya didn't know, this is the Stadium's final year, replaced next year by a brand-new, much-bigger stadium.

He managed to make this somewhat of a work trip, securing a press pass so he could write an article about the stadium's final days. He was able to sit in the press box, go on the field to interview Yankees players before the game (Andy Pettitte), and was given clubhouse access. This allowed him into the locker room to interview players after the game, including the general manager, a legendary relief pitcher, and a one-on-one interview with Derek Jeter at his locker. Oh, the baseball memories Brian has accumulated in the past year! From the Rockies historic playoff run to the World Series at Fenway to experiencing the full deal at Yankee Stadium, where to go from here??? Some little boys' dreams do come true. He managed to e-mail me a few pictures right after the game:

Some monument thingy:View from his seat in the press box:

8 comments:

Kristina said...

Way to go, Brian. I am glad you are living your fantasy.

taradon said...

"When you wish upon a star..." ;)

Sounds like a wonderful thing for Brian to be able to go before the old Yankee Stadium goes away!

Amy said...

Just awesome! I have a brother and two brothers-in-law who are huge baseball fans so I get the significance. In fact, I can remember Emily's husband wanted to get to a Rockies game at least an hour and a half early just to "see the stadium". That is so cool too he got to interview Jeter. I can remember so many people had a crush on Jeter when I was in college! That was over 12 yrs ago. But anyway, I congratulate him on being able to do what he loves and even get paid for it. Yay!

The Frosts said...

Has he died and gone to heaven? He has had a GREAT year with baseball. How awesome that he got to do the interview and everything!

Lara said...

Yay to Brian. What a great experience!
I am so glad that he was able to do this, and with two weeks to spare!

Tee said...

That is way cool! Good for him to achieve his dream!

Thats a great memory for him :)

Brittany said...

What an awsome experience, I am glad he got to go!

The Calverts said...

No doubt something that he will be telling your grandchildren about some day! That rocks!