Monday, September 22, 2008

Happy Fall!

It's officially here! The season of all seasons started today. I love pretty much everything about Fall. My mom always made fall a special time when I was growing up. Our house always looked and smelled perfectly Fall-ish (stay tuned for some good fall recipes).

I love Fall clothes. I love Fall colors. I love cooler weather. I love Fall-idays (that would be Halloween, Thanksgiving, three birthdays in our home, and back-to-school time). I love Fall cooking and baking. It all just puts a spring in my step.

So today we celebrated by having family pictures taken. OK, so it was a coincidence that we scheduled our session for the first day of Fall, but it was a nice way to usher in the season. We hadn't had family pictures done in almost 2 1/2 years, when Isabel was 7 months. We were way overdue! My kind and talented friend Kristie did them (click here for her photog site) and she always does a superb job; should have proof of that for y'all in a week or so! Looking forward to seeing if they turned out. Two things concern me: 1. Lucas is an incredibly strong-willed and determined child who DOES NOT like to be told what to do. Made for some interesting posing. 2. Isabel had put on some of her clear little girl lipgloss before pictures. I didn't realize the hazard in this until Kristie asked why Isabel was making strange lip actions, and I remembered that she often sort of "freezes" her lips when they have gloss on them. As in she talks and gestures without moving her lips much, sort of like they're frozen in some strange sort of pucker. Not quite kiss-ready, but a step down from that. So she had some interesting faces, and had a fit when I wiped it off. Aside from that, there should be a couple hopefully that turn out!

Since my kiddos were so cute and coordinated all day, I sort of followed them around capturing some of the simple joys from their day.









8 comments:

Kristina said...

Cute outfits. I love the tights. I can't wait to see family pictures! I agree with you-fall is a WONDERFUL time of year.

taradon said...

I'm with you - fall is the BEST time of year! Your kids are cuties. =)

Amy said...

Lucas is getting to be so big! He looks so old. Cute! I am a summer girl (love the heat) but fall comes in a close second. I do like the crisp fall air, fall colors and fall cooking.

Mom H. said...

Cute pictures! Can't wait to see the family photos!
Love,
Mom H

Lara said...

I love fall! Cute pictures- I can't wait to see the pics!

Anonymous said...

Man all this pressure to see the pictures.....hee hee I will have them soon...MAYBE by Friday...maybe by Tuesday.

The Frosts said...

Obviously you know how I feel about fall. I can't wait for your recipes! And I also can't wait to see your family pictures. I seriously cannot believe how much your boys look alike. Twinners! And of course miss Isabel is adorable!

Tee said...

Fall is my favorite, also! I love fall colors, and I've always looked better in fall-y, earthy colors.

I'm excited to see your family pics soon!