Saturday, May 10, 2008

Stinkin' allergies

Connor went to a friend's birthday party this afternoon, and this is what he came home looking like:

The house where the party was held had 2 cats and a dog, and he is very allergic to them. His eyes were super swollen, red and itchy, and he couldn't breathe. Claritin didn't give him much relief even. Poor kid. I think allergies are really about the only thing he got from me. I have terrible allergies. Then again, so does Brian. Our kids are pretty much doomed. I had to go home early from SO many birthday/slumber parties when I was younger if the house had dogs or cats. Last time I had skin testing, on a scale of "1" to "4," I was an "8" to dogs. So annoying.

We are taking Connor in next week for skin testing again, to re-evaluate where his allergies are as he heads into kindergarten. His last skin testing was when he was 2 and had a bad peanut butter reaction. Yep, it's a peanut allergy.

And, we've had a rough hayfever season in our house. Brian, Connor and I are all living on allergy meds, with limited relief. It's been a veritable cacophony of sniffles, sneezes and coughs 'round here.

7 comments:

Colleen said...

What a sad photo! Poor little guy.

Anonymous said...

Oh No! He looks miserable.
-Bonnie Bell

Kristina said...

He looks so sad! I remember your allergy issues. I remember being annoyed when we had to leave places. Yep. I was a horrible younger sister. I promise to have more sympathy for little Connor. Sorry buddy.

Anonymous said...

Oh no! I am so sorry Connor has allergies. Good luck on the testing.

The Frosts said...

Poor guy! He really does look miserable. I don't think I knew you guys had bad allergies.

Brittany said...

That looks so awful, I am sorry that happened, hopefully he can find animal free friends!

Tee said...

Oh, that photo is just so sad! Poor little guy :(