Thursday, May 15, 2008

Little House on the Prairie

You might want to be sitting down when you read this, because the news might be difficult to believe ... WE'RE MOVING!!!

Many of you know that we have lived in our townhome for almost 7 years, and have spent nearly half that time trying to get out of it. With the market the way it is, it has become clear to us that the only way out is to rent out our home. With a little advertising, we generated some interest. We have a couple bringing us a security deposit today, and they want to be in June 1. So where are we headed???

To a small town of 8,000 people on the plains about 25 miles north of Denver. We signed a lease today and gave a security deposit on a house there. The home is a year old; it's a 3 bedroom, 2 bath ranch with a full unfinished basement, nice yard, and fantastic mountain views. There are two wards in our town, and the church building is only 3 1/2 miles away. We are ecstatic, yet somewhat unbelieving as of yet, that we are getting out of here. We can move in on May 31. Yes, I am aware of how soon that is.

This move will give us the two things we desperately need: a shorter commute for Brian (13 miles versus 49 miles - major gas savings!) and enough room for our family. I feel a little strange about having to rent rather than a buy a home for now, but for lots of reasons, it just makes sense for the time being.

There you have it - pictures coming soon!

13 comments:

The Easton Family said...

Melissa that is GREAT!!!! I'm so happy for you and can't wait to see pictures of it. I'll miss you in the ward, but I've decided we have a nice little "blogging family" here and so we'll still be in touch. What town is it?

Susan said...

Up north - YEAH!!! By me!! I love it up here. Where exactly? Congrats on renting your house! Give me more info!! :)

Susan said...

Oh yeah, BTW I am an expert packer, so let me know if you need help! SERIOUSLY! (We've moved 6 times in our 11 year marraige - I'm a pro!)

Amy said...

That is great news! It is very pretty up there and the mountain views spectacular. It will be a nice change of scene, too. This will give you the summer to figure out the Ward(s) and schools, etc...

Anonymous said...

Like i have already told you that is AWESOME NEWS. I can't wait to see this pictures.

Wendie said...

OH my GOODNESS!!! SO SUPER!!! GREAT!!!! I can't tell you how excited I am for you. . . It sounds wonderful, such a deserved reward for a long wait, and a joy for the summer to come!!

The Frosts said...

Yay, yay, yay! I am SO super thrilled for you guys. I know you've been wanting this for such a long time. Huge congrats and I can't wait for house pics. Good luck the next couple weeks, I sure wish I were there to help!

Anonymous said...

oh I forgot to mention...it is firefox...from last nights conversation at dinner!

Kristina said...

Congratulations! I can't wait to come visit and have a place to stay. Maybe I will bring a tent and sleep in the back yard!

Tiffany said...

That is super news...I am still bummed though :) We will miss you in our ward, but I know it is best for your fam, so we are excited for you :)

Colleen said...

YAY!!! Holy cow, I remember you wanting to move when I was visiting while Jim was getting ready to go to Iraq. And that was a LONG TIME ago! Congrats and the house is darling! Hopefully you can find a great deal when you decide to buy.

Anonymous said...

It was so nice to see you at the park yesterday and hear all about your plans to move far far away. I am really excited for you and your family. Back Yard, short commute, smaller community, HUGE nursery...what more can you ask for?? Hooray!
-Inventing Matilda

Brittany said...

That is so great, I am excited to hear all about it on Saturday!!