Thursday, May 22, 2008

Museum Day

On Tuesday the kids and I went to the Museum of Nature and Science with my friend Susan and her cute girls. We had a great time! The dinosaurs were a favorite, especially with Isabel, who loves huge things (dinosaurs, elephants, hippos, etc).


She was especially fascinated with this large dinosaur tooth. So much so, in fact, that she is STILL talking about it. "Mom, you remember that big, huge dinosaur tooth?" "Yes, I remember." Then she says, "me and that huge dinosaur tooth." I don't know why she was so obsessed with it, but here it is:

Connor chose to see the bug exhibit; he is totally my bug boy. Loves bugs x a million. If you look closely you'll see he's closely examining the stinging insect collection (poor child has inherited my phobia - I have created a monster!)
Connor (and Jenna) loved this bug game where you had to try and "catch" the bugs as they flew around the screen:

More fun hands-on learning:
We also went to the mummy exhibit. Apparently Connor did not know what a mummy was, because when I told the kids we were going to see the mummies, he got really quiet for a minute and then asked, "will there be daddies there too?" I kid you not. Totally cliche, I know, but he was totally serious, so it was super funny to me. So now he knows all about mummies.

Thanks Susan for a fun morning!

No comments: