Friday, May 2, 2008

Shopping finds!

Brian had to work tonight, so I hired a sitter and spent the evening shopping. It was great! The first stop was the fabric store. Isabel's part of the room (how sad is that, really) is bright pink and orange. I'm growing tired of it, and want to do a softer pink and blue instead. I love this scrapbook paper, and it is serving as my inspiration. The blue isn't showing up that well, but you get the idea:

I haven't found a lot of bedding in this color scheme that I like, so my mom, who is a truly gifted sewer/quilter, said she'd help me make a basic quilt when I'm in Minnesota in July. I can sew some basic things, but do not feel it is in anyone's best interest for me to attempt this alone. I hit the fabric jackpot tonight! Here is the main pattern:


And with the coordinating fabrics:

I am thrilled with my finds, and cannot wait until the quilt is done! I think it's feminine and sweet, but not over the top.

I also did some clothes shopping. My only find was this skirt from Ann Taylor that I think will be perfect for my brother's wedding this summer. The wedding it outdoors, not too dressy. The white is embroidered on the navy skirt. With the perfect white blouse, fun shoes and accessories... what do you think? Good for an outdoor wedding???

6 comments:

Kristina said...

Very cute! I am excited to see how the quilt turns out. I am also very jealous that you already have your wedding outfit planned. I have no clue what to wear. You will be cute and summery.

Brittany said...

I have to agree with you, I am not a sewer either, but I am sure with your mothers help it will look great!! You will have to post the results after your done.
And the skirt is cute, I am sure you will look great next month!

Lori said...

I love the skirt. Great find. And I really like the quilt colors too. You will have to post a picture of the final product!

Amy said...

Good for you! So good to get out alone once in a while.

Tee said...

Super cute! I love the fabric and paper and skirt...it's all so cute!

The Frosts said...

I am amazed at how close that fabric is to that patterned paper. The quilt is going to be so cute, make sure you post a pic when it's finished. Love the skirt too. I think it's perfect for a wedding!