2. Potty training: Isabel is totally trained, except for at night. We have had numerous public outings this week, and she was not worn a diaper once. She can go hours between potty trips. No accidents since that little Monday morning one. Yay!!! She is, though, still wearing diapers at naptime and bedtime. Potty training her went way better than I thought it would!
3. Where in the World?: I totally get into the "Where in the World is Matt Lauer" thing that the Today show does. If you're unfamiliar, co-host Matt Lauer flies to five locations around the world within five days, and each morning there's a clue as to his new location and then they reveal where he is. I like to play along and try to guess where he is, and my kids totally get into it too. Connor loves to sing the theme song, "Where in the world, where in the world is Matt Lauer?" Today, he was in Istanbul. When they revealed his location, I said to the kids, "Oh, he's in Turkey today!" Connor looked confused, and said, "he's in food?" So we explained that Turkey is a country. Then Brian said, "Connor, you're such a ham!"
4. A wild encounter: this morning on my (incredibly cold and snowy) run, I was on the path through the park (which I now affectionately refer to as "shoot 'em up park. Yes, I run through that park during the day, but still won't go there after school or in the evenings). I was almost in the exact spot where I almost got shot (a bit of drama here), when I noticed an animal about 15 feet from me. I quickly realized it was a coyote! It took two steps toward me, when I screamed at it, "NO! STOP! GO AWAY!" It stopped, and I sprinted toward home. In all my years of running, I'm always on the lookout for yellow jackets (a major phobia of mine) and stray dogs (another phobia). Who knew what I really need to worry about is guns and wild animals? When I got home and recounted the story to Brian, he was amused and actually laughed when I recounted the story. So I said, "what if I would have gotten mauled?" He said, "then it would have been a coyote ugly scene!"
In case you didn't know it, Brian thinks he's a comedian. I'll admit, when he's on, he hits big, and when he misses, he misses big. You have to know Brian well to truly appreciate his humor. Or not.
8 comments:
Between you and Brian, we always get a good laugh. I like the coyote ugly reference. Way to go Isabel. Sorry, but I don't watch Idol. Actually, I have seen it only once-an auditions segment. I love the Matt Lauer thing, too. I am so sad that I miss it every morning. Next year I will be all over that.
I was so sad for Brooke too. And yes, Jason should have gone first, but so should smug Syesha. Her range is equally limited - she's just better at hamming it up. And for the record, I think David Cook is good at making songs modern and likeable, but I can't stand him. Smug, conceited, full of himself, and all around annoying. I didn't like him all along, but his hand to the camera "give back" nonsense sealed the deal. Ugh! On more important things, yea for Isabel. Only one for diaper kid to go! Won't you be so glad (and richer) when that happens :)
Oh, and I meant to say that the best part of Idol last night was when Natasha Bedingfield wanted to cuddle with David A. How adorable and sappy sweet was that!?
I agree with you totally about Brooke! How sad! I think Syesha is a buttface and should have been out first and the Jason. I like Jason's style, but he just isnt as good. I would have liked to see Brooke in the top 2. Yay for Isabel! That's awesome that she is doing so well :) I remember when Shealyn was trying to potty train Arias and she just peed all over the floor one day. It was so funny...I guess because I didnt have to clean it up!
Yeah, Jim thinks he's a comedian too, so I totally know what you mean. I'm pretty sure every comedian misses just about as many as they hit. :)
Go Isabel! Elijah isn't quite there yet, but he's doing pretty well.
No to idol, but yes to "where in the world". We saw it today, and Justin got the location from the clues. I laughed at Brian's funnies - I had a new one for Justin, but mine pretty much always flop. I told him about our move to Michigan "Now when I tell you to go jump in a lake, you can"
So, I have to say that I have always loved the TODAY show. I watched it every morning right after Isaac was born. And that was when they switched from 2 hours to 3 hours. I watched it so often that I started telling a 6 week old Isaac that this was his Aunt Katie and his Uncle Matt. Mine and his little joke.
So, I have to say that I have always loved the TODAY show. I watched it every morning right after Isaac was born. And that was when they switched from 2 hours to 3 hours. I watched it so often that I started telling a 6 week old Isaac that this was his Aunt Katie and his Uncle Matt. Mine and his little joke.
Post a Comment