Friday, May 23, 2008

Fun evening at the zoo

We spent a fantastic evening at the zoo yesterday. Our friends Danny and Vycci invited us. They have a membership (we've had one in past years, but not this year). Last night was a members-only evening, and we were their guests.

At the polar bear exhibit:

Lucas was so excited as we rode the train; look at those crazy eyes!
Isaac, Marina, Isabel and Connor patiently waiting our turn on the carousel:

Hippo watching:


It was a fantastic night! It was a somewhat cool, clear, post-storm evening (did you see our CRAZY weather yesterday?). Evening is my new favorite time at the zoo. I loved the cooler temps without the sun beating down, plus the animals were much livelier. All in all a great time! Connor and Isabel like the zoo more and more each time we go, and Lucas really enjoyed it for the first time. He's point to things, then look at me with a huge grin. So fun. Isabel's favorite animal yesterday was the elephant (no surprise), and Connor said his faves were the polar bear and the lions.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

You guys have had some fun outings this week! Good thing because next week is not going to be fun!

Wendie said...

I love the zoo. I miss the zoo. Wish I could have been there!

Kristina said...

What a fun time. Memberships really can pay off. I second Kristie on getting the fun things in this week before the packing and moving!

The Frosts said...

How fun!! I could eat Lucas up - he is the cutest boy!