Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Lucas is 1

My baby is a year old today! Fastest year of my life - E.V.E.R.!!! He is totally my baby, a very attached mama's boy. He is just a delightful little one. Looking at his pictures from the first year, I am reminded (once again) of what a miracle in growth, development and change that first year is. I think that a baby's personality really starts to show around a year, and by 18 months you have a really good idea of who they are. Lucas is really starting to develop a little personality. He is determined x a million. Super busy, loves to be around action, extremely attentive, always figuring things out in his little mind, very independent, a bit of a temper here and there, very vocal. All in all, a real boy! Love and adore him.

A few things about Lucas at a year:
- Hates veggies, will go out of his way to pick them out. Ugh. What to do?
- Hates milk. With weaning on the horizon, again, what to do? Lots of yogurt and cheese, I guess.
- Loves to go just about anywhere
- Loves books
- Loves when Isabel and Connor chase him
- Loves to wave, point, give those big wet sloppy kisses, play peekaboo and clap
- Cruises furniture, will take a small step toward me from standing and holding onto something
- (sort of) says hi, dada, mama
- Tries to sing along when he hears someone else singing


His first year in pics:













Connor and Lucas have their 5-year and 1-year checkups on Thursday - it's always interesting to get their stats. I think Lucas might actually be my first child to hit 20 pounds by a year and be able to turn forward in his carseat!

9 comments:

The Easton Family said...

love the picture in the hat... i love baby hats. Martin gave up bottles at about 15 months, and milk almost a week later. once and a while we can get him to drink some, but like you said-- lots of cheese and yogurt.

Anonymous said...

Look at the big boy. I agree this last year when so fast!

Colleen said...

It's amazing how quickly a year can fly by. I've said it before and I'll say it again... AMAZING eyes. :)

Kristina said...

Happy birthday little boy. I will never forget the day of your birth. I got to be "pretend" mom. I am excited to see you in July!

Amy said...

Happy birthday! This year has flown by, and what a handsome little boy. Have to love those wet slobber kisses!

Lara said...

Happy Birthday Lucas! He is so cute-those eyes get me every time. Will you ever be able to say "no" to him?

Tee said...

I cant believe that it has already been a year!! What a cute little guy :) I love the little brown outfit, how cute!

Brittany said...

I can't beleive it is already a year, he is such a cutie!!

The Frosts said...

I honestly can't believe how fast that year went. He is SO cute. And just looks like himself even as a tiny baby. I love his baby blues! Hope he had a wonderful birthday!