The other day, Connor told he that he really likes the new house, but there are 4 things that he wishes for, and he listed them in this order:
1. That he would still share a room with Isabel. He said, and I quote, "I really love Isabel and Lucas, but I just like Isabel a lot more." They were surely partners in crime when they shared a room, and he misses that. (She, however, is loving her own room).
2. That I would still go to Primary with him. I was the president the whole time he's been in Primary, so this is an adjustment for him. I didn't think he'd care at all! Nice to know I am loved after all.
3. That he could grow up.
4. That he could get married.
I'm not sure what #3 and 4 have to do with moving, but they are on his wish list. Seriously, he is very obsessed lately with who he will marry (we repeatedly have to tell him it won't be Isabel), when he'll get married, where he'll meet a nice girl (he wants to meet her at a football game), how many kids he'll have, where his kids are now, etc. Sheesh! Just be a kid!
My own wish list:
1. Less spiders (we do seem to have a much higher number of house spiders, most of which are small and non-scary, but Brian just smooshed a big bad boy with an interesting look. Connor thought the spider was eating a ladybug, but in fact, that was just its large orangeish-red body part.
2. A Target closer by (I am learning to accept this, though)
3. Renters for the townhome
4. Warmer weather and a significant decrease in the mosquito population in Minnesota before we head north on July 1. It's been not so pleasant there.
And on the flip side, a couple of wishes that have been granted:
1. I am loving our new ward. It is FANTASTIC.
2. Just learned there is a brand-new library in our town, so I don't have to go so far for books.
3. I am married to a great guy who is a terrific father. Happy Father's Day to Brian, and to our dads who love us and support us.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
9 comments:
HappY Father's Day to Brian! I love that Connor misses sharing a room with Isabel! The weather is supposed to improve this week:) but I think the mosquitos are here to stay:( Gotta love northern MN!
I am getting worried about the bugs in Michigan. Justin has never been in that climate for very long and is in for a big shock. And Addy is curious about who she'll marry, and used to want to marry her Dad. Now her big thing is if she sees anyone smooching her response "they're married!"
Maybe if we wish hard, the mosquitos will leave us alone. On the bright side, maybe we won't care that it is 40 degrees, because who can be outside with bugs anyways? I think all our wished can never be granted at once, otherwise what would we wish for?
Connor is so cute! These are very big issues for a 5 year old. It took a long time for my mom to convince my brother when he was 5 that he could not marry her :)
I'm glad you are enjoying your new ward, but I know you miss your old ward just a little bit more ;)
Also, you should bug bomb your house. We used a pack of 3 for our whole house last year, and it made all the difference in the world.
I loved reading your wishes.
The weather and bugs this year have been no fun! We have only had a handful of nice days. (but I am sure your family has already reported that) I think Connor's list is very cute. And I hear you on Target. We have several close by us and it is great. I would have serious withdrawl if we didn't.
Too sweet, it is so awsome the things that kids say. I am glad you wrote it down so one day you can look back at what a cute kid he was!!
Connor's list is the best. it's so sweet that he and Isabel love eachother so much (it reminds me of my kids' relationship). I'm glad your new ward is so great -that makes all the difference in the world!
Isaac was obsessed with marrying for awhile around that age too. He doesn't want to marry me or anyone related that I know of, but he does think he is going to live with me forever. Of course I love that sentiment now, but I don't believe I will feel quite the same in about 10 years or so.
Post a Comment