A fish tank, complete with "Nemo" and "Dori"
I LOVE when Lucas points at things he likes, which happened to be the fish tank in this instance.
Touching sea creatures
And in the butterfly area. It was a beautiful area, with tons of tropical butterflies flying everywhere. We all loved this area!
Sometimes they even land on you! Connor especially seemed to attract them.

Playing in a "beehive"
And, one of the things they had been most looking forward to, holding Rosie the Tarantula. When we got there and they actually saw what that meant, Isabel decided she was in no way participating in that, saying "the tarantula is icky." Agreed. Connor, however, was all over it. He said it felt "soft, furry and warm."
We walked the nature trail afterwards, but it was all in direct sun so I couldn't get a great shot of the kids. I tried!
6 comments:
That looks like a fun place! Elijah would definitely not have been interested in holding a tarantula. Ick!
What a fun activity!
What a fun place. Is it by your new house? The kids really seemed to have a great time.
That looks like fun! I cannot believe that Connor held the tarantula! I agree with Isabel-ick!
you're such a great mom! i've still never been there--Kimball went on a field trip in kindergarten. i'm with you on the tarantula...
Fun pics! I took Addy to butterfly pavillion right before T-man was born. Addy the animal lover loved holding the tarantula! Not a ton of stuff there, but it was interesting and I would totally go there again (except we're on the move). Addy also liked the place where the big bugs were where you could draw. -Amy (checkin blogs from Council Bluffs)
Post a Comment