Lucas is 14 months today, and has finally and officially decided that walking is his primary mode of transportation. He has been taking steps here and there for well over a month, but just the past day or two has started walking everywhere. And oh, my goodness, I had somewhat forgotten how incredibly cute that stage is. Those legs are so unsure, but he is determined to walk everywhere. So it goes something like: step step step wobble step step fall. Over and over and over. I could just eat him up it is so cute, and he is SO proud of himself. I love this age.
His personality is really coming out now, too. He is a super fun little boy, incredibly determined, extremely engaged, insistent upon learning all he can. He always wants to keep up with Connor and Isabel, and now that he's walking, it will be that much easier. He still loves dancing and music. He will sit for long periods of time if he's being read to. Loves books. He's also getting really good at using a spoon, and also really likes coloring. He gets really exited when the crayons come out. He talks A LOT, but none of it makes a bit of sense. He'll get really close to my face and get a really serious look and then just spew forth about 5 minutes of baby garble. I'd love to know what he really is trying to say!
He also has a bit of a temper. He is a feisty one! You always know exactly what he's thinking, what he wants, and whether he's happy or angry. There's very little in-between with him. He definitely has a very strong personality; it's a good thing he's so stinkin' cute.
Isabel is pushing 3 - two months from tomorrow in fact - and is going to start dance class next month! I practically have to hold myself back I am so excited. We've been on a long waiting list at our rec center, which is super close to our house and has a great dance program. It wasn't looking like we were going to get in, so I had started shopping around, but nothing was as close to home and for as good a price. Then I got a call on Thursday that they made some changes and added a class, and she got in! Then I was dancing for joy. She will be in the 3 and 4 year olds class, and will learn ballet, tap and some fun music/singing as well. Her teacher is Miss Belinda, whom I adore already, just having talked to her on the phone. Now we get to shop for a leotard and tights, ballet and tap shoes. The first performance will be in December. Yay!Connor has had some super fun things all happening around getting situated for kindergarten!!! We found out his teacher and class on Friday. He'll be in Mrs. Prough's class, and there are 2 other boys from his Primary class in his kindergarten class, including his friend Kyle from up the street. We are thrilled! He will be going all day on Tuesdays and Thursdays, and on Friday afternoons. I'd rather we had full-day kindergarten, but since we don't, I'm happy with the 2 1/2 days a week schedule. I'm totally over the half-day everyday, as we've done that the past two years for preschool.
We have back to school day on Friday, where we go and meet his teacher and see his classroom. In the meantime, we have a long list of school supplies to buy. How in the world do I have a kindergartner already??? It's just crazy, but exciting at the same time. I think the school years will be super fun.
I hope - and believe - that Connor will love kindergarten. He's such a good, sweet, inquisitive boy, and while he can be a somewhat stinkerish 5-year-old boy, he has always been so well-behaved for others, and his preschool teachers adored him. He is ready for this huge step (but am I???).
6 comments:
Thanks for having us over. We loved seeing you guys. We miss you a lot! I saw the email, but I haven't opened it yet. I'll let you know if it doesn't work. Thanks a ton!!!:)
Wow, kindergarten already?! That is amazing.
Go Lucas! I love the little legs of new walkers! Isabel will love dance, I am sure. Grace wants to dance, but after watching the Olympics, she also wants to be a diver and gymnast. Kindergarten is a big step, but we know that Connor will do well! Busy month!
He has gorgeous eyes! I can't believe that Connor is going to K! Abby, too. Time really does fly!
So many exciting things for everyone. Isabel will get to be her ballerina! And yay for Lucas finally really walking. I can't wait to hear about Connor's classroom and teacher.
What a fun update! Our kids are growing up. I can't wait to see Isabel as a tiny tiny dancer. She will love it and it will be so cute! And yes, Kindy is a bit of an adjustment but a good step forward!
Post a Comment