Monday, August 25, 2008

The face of a female

There are two special features about this face today:

1. The lipstick. She's been really into putting on makeup. She wants to do it every morning, but I have to limit this for obvious reasons. When she does get to put some on, she stares into the mirror for about 5 minutes, smiling, then announces one of three things: a. "I look beautiful!" b. "I look wonderful!" or c. "I look gorgeous!" She then says she has to run and show the boys (daddy and her brothers) who generally couldn't care less, although daddy usually indulges her.
2. Look closely between her two eyes. See the nasty bruise? She was wearing these:
as she often does, and kicked one off and it landed smack between her eyes! It was straight out of a movie or something. I would have laughed really hard it she hadn't been in such obvious pain. I told her it's not the last time she'll be injured by a pair of heels!

10 comments:

Robbie and Barb's Family said...

She does look gorgeous! Abby has been way into make up lately. She will come check on me while I am putting on my make up, then she disappears, only to reappear a few minutes later with her make up too. Foofy little girls!

Lara said...

Beautiful! I love the bruise with the dark pink lipstick! So Cute!

Tee said...

What a cute little girl!! Make up is so fun at that age :) Too bad it becomes a necessity as we get older :(

I had a rollerskate hit me in the face once-I had to get stitches, and I still have the scar. I'm glad her high heel incident didnt come to that!

Colleen said...

Wow, you've got a bona fide girly girl, don't you? Very cute lipstick. I could tell her all about the hazards of wearing heels!

Kristina said...

I love the lipstick. So Isabel. She is such a girlie-makes me laugh. She should just take after her aunt and NEVER wear heels.

Elizabeth said...

All I can say is we pay a pretty price for beauty. She is just learning a little bit younger. She looks great though!

Lori said...

What a cutie! I love the lipstick!
(I wanted to call you but I need your new number :-)

Anonymous said...

Fancy!

...and her eyes are beautiful!

Bonnie
www.theskinnyonmatilda.blogspot.com

Janae said...

Boy, you are in trouble with this one! She is gorgeous.

The Frosts said...

I think she and Kenna could be BFF's. It's so fun to have them so girly though!