Saturday, August 16, 2008

Have you heardle 'bout the wordle?

My dear friend Elizabeth introduced me to this fantastic blog that I'm now in love with, Just A Girl.

Just A Girl has really thrifty, adorable, fantabulous decorating ideas. For example, she bought this sconce at a thrift store for 99 cents. She spray painted it black (it was hideous before) and put this super cute ribbon-adorned pear on it. I am seriously coveting it.
Anywho... Just A Girl introduced me to Wordle. Wordle is a site where you can go and create a "word cloud" of a bunch of words that you type in. You can customize the font, layout and colors and then simply print it on your computer at home ... all for FREE!

I just finished doing a wordle for Isabel's room comprised of a bunch of words that describe her. I bought a basic white frame and a plain white mat, which I covered with scrapbook paper. I hung the whole thing with a blue ribbon. So cute! It's hard to get a good photo without the glare from the glass, and the colors look a bit more subdued, but you get the idea. I never claimed to be a talented photographer :)

A closeup of the words:

I want to make one for my boys' room and the kids' bathroom too, but my blasted printer isn't printing blue for some reason, grrrr.

Go make a wordle! It's super fun!

12 comments:

Colleen said...

Very cute! I love checking out new blogs, thanks for the links!

Chris said...

Oh my gosh. This is so cute! I thought I had a good idea and then you make me realize I was missing the boat! Kids' rooms!! I love that scrapbooking paper! Oh, the pear--I bought it at Hobby Lobby in their fake fruit/food section. I imagine Michaels or some other equivalent would have it. Look for the most real one you can find! Thanks for coming over! I love making new friends!

Lori said...

Those are so cute! Thanks for sharing the info!

Tee said...

What fun blogs! I love the word cloud...very cute :)

The Frosts said...

FUN! I see tons-o-potential for this fun project. That is an awesome blog. I LOVE blogs where people give thrifty decorating ideas. Two of my faves:

http://nestingplacenc.blogspot.com/

http://joysofhome.blogspot.com/

(This might be where my love of black spray paint came from :)

Danny,Vycci and Kids said...

Fun, fun!!(v)

Lara said...

I love the pear and sconce! Cute idea! Isabel's wordle is cute,too! I cannot wait for Josh to hang mine in the kitchen.

Amy said...

I've now got a Wordle for Addy too! Thx for the tip

The Easton Family said...

Love it all! Although, I must be handy or something because I can't figure out how you got the Isabel so big on your wordle. I tried one and they all come out the same size font. Am I missing something?

Melissa said...

Jeannie, if you want a word big, just type that word 3 times in a row(2 times for a medium size). I typed Isabel three times. Good luck! I want to see pictures of all the wordles you girls are doing!

The Calverts said...

Great idea! Thanks for sharing.

Kristina said...

Great suggestion. I can't wait to print mine out. Thanks for sharing!