Then this morning we took the kiddos on a family hike outside of Lyons, another fave location. We are a hiking family, and the kids are terrific hikers. Connor is a seasoned hiker and always does great, but I was a slight bit worried about Isabel, as Lucas has now taken over the backpack. She really did great. I carried her a couple of times (or as she says, "I wanna carry you!" - I wish she could sometimes), but otherwise she did great. The area we hiked has tons of signs posted about mountain lions and rattlesnakes, and I get a bit paranoid. Clearly Isabel caught on, because everytime she heard a noise she'd say, "Shhh! Everyone be quiet. Do you hear a rattle?" We ended up with a fun, snake-free adventure.
A brief look back to the beginning. An engagement photo:

And our wedding day:

Pictures from the hike. I love how Lucas is just hangin' in the backpack before we got going.

My favorite people in the whole world:
Pardon my sans-makeup-and-fixed-hair trail look:
The troopers:
Connor my handsome outdoor boy:
We rewarded the kids with a little cool-off in the river:
What a fun couple of days!
Thanks, Brian, for 7 years of ups, downs, laughter, tears, triumphs, failures, adventures, challenges, children, friendship and memories. I love you.
13 comments:
Happy anniversary. It sounds like a good time! How long were your kids able to hike?
Happy Anniversary! How was that 7 years ago!!!!??
Happy Anniversary! Sounds like a fun weekend. Time alone without kids is great, and going home to sleeping kids may be even better!
Sounds like a super fun weekend!
You're married! It's okay if you go parking! :) Whatever works!!
Happy anniversary! 7 years has flown by. Glad you guys had such a great weekend.
Happy anniversary! Yesterday Jim said, "This is going to be the best birthday ever! No weddings, graduations, or family reunions!" :)
Happy anniversary - has it really been 7 years. You guys were just newlyweds whene we first met.
Happy Anniversary! It looks like you had a great weekend. I will have to try the fish tacos - my fam always, always eats at cheesecake!
Happy anniversary! What a fun weekend :)
Happy Anniversary!
Happy Day! I am glad you had such a fun time. Thanks again for having us over. Thanks for the recipes. See you soon.
Happy Anniversary! It sounds like great couple time and some great family time...the best of both worlds.
-Bonnie
Post a Comment