By now, most of you are probably familiar with Kelley, Leo and Cameron's journey over the past 15 months (Kelley is Brian's sister). You probably know that she had twins born at 25 weeks, Cameron and Ressa, and that Ressa died three weeks after being born. And that Cameron is doing well and is a sweet precious boy. But there's more.
Kelley has been pumping and donating breast milk since having her twins. She has been donating to a mother's milk bank in Dallas/Ft. Worth where they live. She made her final milk delivery on Saturday after well over a year of donating. Can you guess how much milk Kelley has donated in that time? Try 100 GALLONS - that's 13,000 ounces!!! That's on top of what Cameron has been getting. Way more than any other milk donor there.
I find it so remarkable that after losing little Ressa, Kelley has been so dedicated to and concerned with helping other preemie/sick babies. I think it's a tremendous selfless sacrifice. So, I e-mailed a couple of news stations in Dallas/Ft. Worth, and CBS 11 grabbed the story 5 minutes after I contacted them. The story aired tonight, and if you are interested you can watch it here:
http://cbs11tv.com/fuel-for-thought/breast.milk.donation.2.786767.html
Just click on the link for a brief story, and then run your cursor over the related videos on the right. The video of their story is called "Rowlett mom donates record amount of breast milk." There's a brief commercial before their 2-minute story runs.
I think the station did a great job with this amazing story!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 comments:
WOW!! 100 gallons!! That is remarkable and very inspiring. Thanks for sharing this story. So awesome.
That was a truly amazing story. I am feeling a loss for words. Thanks for sharing.
What a beautiful story! That is amazing that she donated for so long! Thanks for sharing.
I love this story! I cannot imagine pumping 100 gallons and nursing at the same time. Amazing!
All I can say is Wow, that is amazing and so awsome. They did a great job with the story too!
They did a really great job. Kelly and Leo can feel good about their story being aired. What an amazing gift she gave.
Post a Comment