Monday, December 1, 2008

Getting to know you, Christmas-style

I am sitting on this quiet evening by the light of our Christmas tree. I love Christmas trees. When I was younger, my sister and I would sprawl out (literally) under the tree and play board games by the light of the tree. Even now, I love to put on soft Christmas music in the background and just sit and look at the tree and meander down memory lane when I get the chance...

Anyways, here is a little quiz I've seen on some blogs/e-mails, and here are my answers.

1. Will you be home (your place) for Christmas?

yes (and will miss Minnesota at Christmas!)

2. If 'YES' to #1, is family coming home for Christmas?

no

3. I 'NO' to #1, where will you spend Christmas?

4. Real Tree or Artificial?

Artificial

5. When do you put up the tree?

Weekend after Thanksgiving

6. Color of lights on your Christmas tree?

White

7. Do you have a Nativity Scene?

Sadly, no, but really want to get one

8. Do you do outside decorating?

A little

9. Do you mail or email Christmas Cards?

Mail

10. When do you start shopping for Christmas?

Beginning of December

11. Wrapping paper or gift bags?

Both

12. Most memorable gift ever received as a child?

Skis, clothes

13. Worst Christmas gift ever received as a child?

I don't remember one specific thing, but I was a bit naughty and used to slyly unwrap my presents, take a peek, then re-wrap. On more than one occasion I had to feign excitement as I opened something I didn't really want. Bad girl.

14. Easiest person to buy for NOW?

My kids

15. Hardest Person to buy for NOW?

My husband. He doesn't ask for much, simple yet difficult

16. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present?

Don't think so.

17. Open the presents on Christmas Eve or Christmas morning?

Grew up opening presents on Christmas Eve, but that is one compromise I have made in marriage, and now open them on Christmas morning. This has been a bit of an adjustment.

18. Do you have your Christmas meal on Christmas Eve or Christmas Day?

Hors d'oeuvres on Christmas Eve, big meal on Christmas Day

19. Do you go to Christmas Eve or Day Church Services?

Day - but only when Christmas falls on a Sunday.

20. Do you like fruitcake?

Get real.

21. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas dinner?

Mashed potatoes and gravy, Christmas goodies

22. What do you do Christmas afternoon?

Dinner with family

23. Favorite Christmas Movie?

Can't pick just one, there are so many good ones. I'l go with A Christmas Carol, Christmas Vacation and all the cartoons (Frosty, Rudolph, the Grinch, etc)

24. Favorite Christmas Song(s)?

O Holy Night, I Wonder as I Wander, What Child is This?

25. What do you feel is the reason we celebrate Christmas?

Birth of Christ

Play along if you'd like!

2 comments:

Lara said...

Your most memorable (and worst, all in one) gift has to (HAS TO) be the Guess sweatshirt. Hands down my most memorable gift of yours.
We will miss you in Minnesota this year!

Melissa said...

Lara, I totally thought about that! But if you remember, I was a pretty good sport about it ;)I would say that might be my craziest gift...