Sunday, December 7, 2008

Dance recital!!!

Yesterday was Isabel's first dance recital! She did fantastic. It was a joyous time for her, for me, and her dad. I think her brothers were somewhat entertained, too. As we were driving home she told me she wants to do another recital again soon, and that she loved doing it.

She really has taken to dance better than I would have dreamed. She is always so happy to go do dance class, totally loves her teacher, and practices here dances numerous times a day. It is so cute and fun to see her thrive in this way.

She was the youngest and tiniest girl in the whole recital, so to me that made her especially cute. Her first number was a ballet routine to "I Saw Mommy Kissing Santa Claus." The second number was a tap routine to "Mickey Mouse's Birthday Party."

She loved the whole experience of wearing costumes, dress rehearsal, being backstage and getting hair done, lipgloss applied, and eating snacks with all the little girls, and even being on stage.

I didn't get lots of great pictures with all the commotion, but Brian did record both routines in their entirely. This was primarily for our families, my mom especially, who was devastated she couldn't be here to see it. Here are a few pictures:



Flowers from daddy:

And the videos! Here is her ballet performance:



And her tap performance:


Because it was a Holiday Show, Santa made an appearance at the end. Isabel didn't want a picture with him, but Connor was all over it:

Great job Isabel! You are a beautiful dancer and we are all so very proud of you!

13 comments:

Colleen said...

So cute! Love the little costumes.

Kristina said...

I am VERY impressed. Isabel did a great job. She actually looked like she knew what she was doing. It sure brings back memories. Great job Isabel!

Mom H. said...

Yeah, Isabel!! What a cutie! It looked like she knew the routines better than all the rest. Good Job! Nanna & GrandPaul are very proud of you!
Love,
Mom H

Anonymous said...

Ok so those videos were the CUTEST thing ever! I loved them. Isabel did so great.

Elizabeth said...

Isn't it great you can record the memories that you'll be able to share with Isabel one day. The recital looks like it was great! She looked like she did a great job. Maybe one day I'll have my own dance recital to go to.

p.s. I love the star too! so glad we did it. Trent even said he really liked it. I hung mine on the door out to the garage in my dining room. Don't love it there, but I'm out of wall space. Hope you're feeling better.

taradon said...

Adorable!!

Lara said...

Yay Isabel! She did such a great job, and looked like she knew all of the steps! A beautiful ballerina!

Danny,Vycci and Kids said...

I sent (emailed) Brian the invitation to our party. Make sure he shares it with you.

The Frosts said...

SUPER cute! I love the tiny dancer recitals. So great to see her doing so well. She knew like every word to those songs! She is adorable.

Amy said...

I don't think you could get any cuter! I can tell it was just as much fun for family, too. Just makes you smile.

My Angels said...

That totally made my day!! She did Soo GOOD, and she new all the words to every song in addition to the routine!! I LOVED IT!!

Lori said...

Isabel did great! She looked so sure of herself and danced! What a cutie!

Marie said...

What a cutie! What a proud moment for mom and dad! Where does she take lessons? We've been wondering about getting Lindsay started....