
And Isabel got a patriotic wind sock project from storytime at the library today. Nothing like instilling a sense of civic duty in your kiddos at a young age!

As for me, this is the 5th presidential election I have voted in, as the 1992 election was one week after I turned 18. If that doesn't make me feel old...
I will not disclose for whom I cast my ballot, but will say I really stayed on the fence until the end, and then Brian and I just cancelled each other out. I am grateful to live in a country where we have a voice. Hope you all got out and voted!
9 comments:
That's awesome that they teach the kids about how important voting is. I ended up writing in Mitt Romney because I couldn't vote for either one. :)
Fred and I cancelled each other out, too... on most items except the ballot measures - we were able to agree on all of those (but for completely different reasons, which is interesting).
Ben was all about John McCain, and Grace wanted Obama. They have been excited to vote all day- it turns out, they thought that the candidates were actually going to be there! Talk about disappointing. I voted, but I certainly wish I had better options!
Great citizenship was learned in your family. Kids have a tendency to predict the winner. Could it happen?
So fun that the held elections at school, it is never too early!
It's great that kids are learning about this stuff so early.
hey, can you email me your phone #? I think it changed when you moved and I want to call and talk to you about some stuff! Thanks!
Aaron and I did some cancelling each other out, too =)
I guess our kids weren't old enough to be interested yet, because though Aaron did try to explain things to Haley, she just wanted to go watch Dora with Preston.
Did I get censored from the comments? :)
I disinfranchised (sp) myself by losing one of the pages of the ballot in a stack and not realizing I needed it until too late. A real bummer since I spent two hours studying the ballot measures. I did manage to convince my husband to vote against the gaming prop. even though it was tempting with the higher ed funding angle.
Post a Comment