Friday, November 7, 2008

Five for Friday

Five thoughts for this lovely Friday...

1. What goes up must go down...
Lucas has started climbing. Everything. He. Can. I have found him on the dining room table, the couch, chairs, toilets, everything is up up up with him. And then he can't get down, so he stands there and shrieks for me to get him. I spend a good deal of time retrieving him these days. And of course, with climbing comes falls - lots of falls. It's tough to be 17 months and have your little body do things your mind doesn't know not to!

2. This is a picture taken at the Metallica concert on Tuesday night that Brian and some friends had tickets to:
The problem is, it was taken by friend Jeff and sent to Brian who was home throwing up and couldn't go. It was supposed to be their "retirement concert" (Brian and Jeff's, not Metallica's) as they decided now that they are in their mid 30s with kids, it's time to hang up the Metallica concert hat. They even traveled to Detroit on New Year's Eve 1999 to see them. Don't ask me how I feel about having to eat the $75 concert ticket that they couldn't find anyone else to take last minute. But I know Brian was super disappointed to miss it, so sorry honey!

3. I had somewhat of a "phone week," and talked to a bunch of friends I hadn't talked to in awhile. I always love catching up with everyone, and as Monique said, "why don't we do this more often?"

4. Like these new little loves for my kitchen? They are my kitchen colors, and I have the perfect spot for them over my kitchen sink that's been needing filling. And the best part is they were $3 each!

5. Isabel has been rather preoccupied with skeletons ever since Halloween. Today she asked me why skeletons are made up of lots of little white doggy bones. So I explained what skeletons are and that we all have skeletons in our bodies and that they are just covered with skin. The look she gave me after that explanation was PRICELESS. I wish I would have had a camera. It was sort of a "you don't expect me to believe that nonsense, do you?"

Happy weekend!

9 comments:

Amy said...

Trevor and Lucas. Up to all the same stuff. Trevor has decided that he must stand on the chair and climb on tables. Ugh. I turn around and he is up to something...

Kristina said...

Cute signs. Sorry for Brian. Maybe he and Jeff will come out of retirement someday. Or maybe just "contract" out their services. There are always ways around it. Good luck with Lucas!

Colleen said...

Ha ha! Your conversation with Isabel reminds me of a recurring one I've been having with Elijah lately.

Elijah, going potty
Me: Wow, that must be all the orange juice you've been drinking today!
Elijah: Looks puzzled
Me: Everything we drink turns into pee and everything we eat turns into poo.

You can imagine the ongoing conversation ever since. "What does milk turn into?" "What does candy turn into?" "What does water turn into?" And on and on...

Elizabeth said...

Cute,cute signs-love them. The crawling thing always reminds me that you have to stay on your toes, it's almost worse than when they start walking. I'm sorry for Brian about the concert, maybe he can come out of retirement for one more? Why don't the answers we offer our children seem to satisfy their curious minds? too funny.

Wendie said...

Isabel is so funny! You gotta wonder how their little minds work. Amazing! Cute signs - a nice addition of color.

Janae said...

Only a child of yours would use the word nonsense at that age. How cute! Lucas is huge and adorable. I was so happy to be on your list by way of "phone week". We really should do it more often!

The Frosts said...

I cannot stop laughing about the Metallica concert. Sorry Brian was sick but the fact that he had tickets is so funny to me. The signs are so cute. And it was SO NICE to talk to you. We must do it more often!

Robbie and Barb's Family said...

Robbie and I went to the Metallica concert!!! It was my first. I don't go to many concerts (my 2nd in 12 years!!) But it was rockin' and I am not ready to retire yet. I love Metallica!

Robbie and Barb's Family said...

I need to clarify... first Metallica concert. I wont tell you how many Robbie has attended!