Monday, November 24, 2008

Bowling and Fortunes

Tonight was our first Howell Family Bowling Outing. We managed to play one entire game, and the kids thought it was great fun. Seriously. Connor was very serious about it, was always sad when his turn was done, and was always fascinated with how his ball came out of that ball return thingy. Isabel thought it was exciting as can be, as always (can you tell by her many expressions?). She was cheering for everyone, and loved the music playing in the bowling alley. She was dancing all over the place, and kept telling us she was "rocking it." She really thinks she has the moves these days; it's always "mom, watch this move!" Lucas was a bit young for the fun, and we had to keep his mouth occupied or he kept trying to run down the lane. All in all, a good time! Oh, and the girls STOMPED. ;)










After bowling we went out for Chinese. The reason I am writing about this is because our fortunes were so perfect tonight it was almost scary! Brian and I were totally laughing about how well everyone got a fortune that totally fit them. Judge for yourself, these are for real the actual fortunes each of us had (if you are having a difficult time reading any of these, you can click on the picture and it will enlarge):

Brian's: (at least he thinks he is this!)

Melissa's:

Connor's:

Isabel's:

Lucas's: (hey, he does melt my heart numerous times a day. It's those eyes, I swear)

And you think there's no such thing as fortunes...

12 comments:

Colleen said...

So cute! Love those fortunes, those are awesome.

Anonymous said...

Fun night. The fortunes are perfect.

Amy said...

Bowling looks fun! We actually have a bowling alley here so we need to check it out.

taradon said...

Looks like you had a great time - I loved the pictures!

Erica said...

How fun! I love the fortunes- they seemed to fit really nicely!!

My Angels said...

I thought I was the only one who took my camera bowling!! I love the pictures, and the fortunes finish the night perfectly!

Lara said...

Fun family time! Great fortunes- so accurate. What a fun idea!

Karl said...

What fun! I think we'll go on Monday--bowling that is. Cool fortunes! --jen

Elizabeth said...

It looked like you had a great time! It's nice when family activities go well. I think I need to start cracking open some fortunes, if they are all that good.

The Frosts said...

Ooooh.. how fun! We've sadly never taken our kids bowling. I think they'd really like but it's hard to find places open for open bowling during our kids' waking hours. I love the fortunes. Pretty uncanny.

The Calverts said...

You guys are such a FUN family! You are creating such great memories. Bowling with my family is one of the great things I remember from my childhood.

Kristina said...

What a fun time! The fortunes are perfect! I love how your kids can have fun just by being out of the house. I bet they had such a blast.