My friend Amy and her kids came over yesterday morning for a visit. I may have mentioned this before, but we had a whole bunch of friends and family members have babies around the time Lucas was born (like 15 or something crazy like that), including Amy's son Trevor, who is 2 1/2 months older than Lucas. Don't they look like they had so much fun? :) I love Lucas's look of "are you sure this is OK?":

And this morning, Isabel was invited to her first play date sans mom. She went to play with Marion, a little girl Isabel goes to nursery with. Isabel always talks about Marion. They are the exact same age, only 9 days apart. So Marion's mom invited Isabel over. She's had many a play date, but never on her own! I wasn't sure how she would do, but she thought it was the best thing EVER. When I dropped her off, she was so excited to explore all of Marion's toys that she ran off without even a goodbye. I picked her up an hour-and-a-half later, and she was so excited. Here she is telling me about her fun morning:
Connor has proclaimed his first "best friend." His name is Hunter, and he is the reason Connor has been so into this "H" project from school this week, because Hunter begins with H. I must admit I have mixed feelings about Hunter. They go to preschool and Primary together. Hunter is kind of a hyper boy, and Connor has been so drawn to him; together they have been getting into trouble. His teacher says she has never had to discipline Connor until he started following Hunter around. Hunter has had kind of a difficult situation, and now his grandparents have custody of him (sad, really, how that is becoming more and more common). He definitely has some behavior problems, but Connor just thinks he's extremely funny and entertaining. So it's evident how early on peers can have an influence!
2 comments:
I can't believe how old the kids are all getting. I love the Isabel picture-I can hear her talking to you! Connor is a great colorer, too. And of course Lucas is cute, as always!
Cute pics!
Post a Comment