What is his name? Brian Patrick Howell
How long have you been together? Together for just over 7 years – married for 6 ½ years
How long did you date? Dated for 2 months, then engaged for 7 months – kind of quick, I know. But it all worked out. I knew pretty quickly he was the one.
How old his he? 33
Who said I love you first? He did
Who is taller? Brian by about 9 inches
Who can sing better? Brian. I can’t sing to save my life
Who is smarter? Honestly, I’d say it’s a toss up. He DEFINITELY has way more trivia-type knowledge than me, but I had a higher ACT score (don’t know how else to measure this). Overall, I think we match up pretty well here.
Who does the laundry? Generally me. He sometimes pitches in to help, but he is not allowed to do my clothes without consulting with me first.
Who pays the bills? He does.
Who sleeps on the right side? Me. Just happened that way, but it turned out to be the side closer to kids once we started having them.
Who mows the lawn? Um, yeah, we don’t have a lawn (sore subject). When we do get one, he will. Although with all our combined hayfever/allergy issues, we may need to hire a lawn mower boy.
Who cooks dinner? Almost always me, just by pure circumstance (the stay-at-home mom thing). But Brian can handle himself in the kitchen pretty well. When I have work projects or other things keeping me busy, he’s happy to lend a culinary hand.
Who drives? Brian.
Who is more stubborn? Ooooh, that’s a good one. I’d say it’s a toss-up, but I’m going to give the edge to Brian. He’s often pretty laid-back, but if he makes up his mind about something he feels strongly about, there is close to nothing I can do to change it. And come to think of it, I guess I’m more feisty than stubborn.
Who kissed who first? He kissed me.
Who asked whom out first? I did. I think most of you know this sordid story. Long story short: We met helping friend move, I called him a couple of weeks later and invited him to a party I was having, he didn’t show. I called back to ask him out, he got “food poisoning” the day of our supposed date (it turned out to be legit). On our first real date he forgot my name. You know, the real smooth type. But once we actually got over the rocky start, it was all Brian taking over the reigns.
Who proposed? He did. At Red Rocks on January 13, 2001. The week after getting laid off from his VarsityOnline.com job. Lovely timing. Fortunately, he was soon employed again, just in time to go to MN and meet my family. I was NOT looking forward to bring home an unemployed fiancé.
Who has more friends? We both have lots of great friends, maybe I have a bit more.
Who is more sensitive? Definitely me. Although, he does have a soft side.
Who has more siblings? I have 4 siblings and he has 2.
Who wears the pants? We share them, depending on the issue. There are many who mistakenly think I do, but, hello? Do you know Brian? It pretty much comes down to feisty vs. stubborn. A potentially potent combo, but we make it work. :)
Play along if you feel so inclined...

No comments:
Post a Comment