Friday, October 10, 2008

A day in Estes Park

We are having a great time with my family; the kids (and Brian and I!) love having them visit. The week has flown by, packed with activities. My mom and I have even just about finished Isabel's quilt (squeal of delight!) and have also found some cute Halloween stuff (pictures coming later on these).

On Wednesday, we spent the day in ever-beautiful Estes Park. It was a beautiful Fall day in the mountains (so beautiful I'm going to call it Fall-orado!)

We stopped at the kids' favorite old-fashioned candy store. Isabel in a candy store is always highly entertaining:

Just to prove that Isabel has gotten taller, here is a picture in the same spot in the same store exactly one year ago:
Enjoying their choices:
We went on a super cool, if not chilly and windy, alpine hike above the treeline at 11,500 feet. My kids were born to hike:


The view from the top of Colorado:
Then we played in the rocks and trees, the ideal kid environment. Connor my super climber:
Isabel is always using that super-creative imagination of hers wherever we are:
Lucas wanted to climb and slide down all the rocks he could find:
Those lovely aspens:

Tomorrow is Isabel's 3rd birthday! Wasn't I just doing her 2nd birthday party? Where in the world does a year go???

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

WOW she has grown! Looks like a beautiful day in fall-orado! Happy Birthday Isabel!

Wendie said...

You gotta love Estes Park. That candy store look yummy! :)

The Easton Family said...

That candy store is one of our favorites too! Last time we were there, a tourist asked the owner if they made all of the candy themselves...pretty funny considering most of the candy is old-fashioned nostalgia candy that used to be sold in stores! Funny. Estes Park is our favorite family getaway as well. Glad it was a fun trip!

Lara said...

Looks like a great day! I am glad that you all are having fun. I cannot believe that the girls are three- where has the time gone?

The Frosts said...

What a fun day. I love Estes! The post candy store picture is so cute with their mouths stuffed full! Gorgeous hike!