Friday, March 21, 2008

Horton Hears a Who

Brian is home tomorrow! We've done great on our own this week, but miss daddy and are looking forward to him coming home. He's had a good week in Tucson. And, many of you have asked, and we are all over the influenza. As soon as I got over it, the kids took turns coming down with fevers for days, but never had much more than that.

My friend Judi offered to watch the kids today so I could have some time to myself, but I asked if she'd instead watch Lucas so I could take Connor and Isabel to Horton Hears a Who. It was really entertaining, we all enjoyed the movie. The kids did great and sat quietly through the whole movie.
A funny note from the movie: my tiny 22-pound Isabel wasn't heavy enough to keep her chair down; it kept folding up on her, so she had to sit on the edge of the chair throughout the movie. Towards the end, she must have gotten tired of this and ended up in my lap.

They loved the fish tank in the theater as much as the movie:

Connor for some reason could not remember the name of the movie. When I was putting him to bed tonight, he said out of the blue, "thanks for taking me to, what's the name of that movie again?" I said, "Horton Hears a Who." He said, "thanks for taking me to Horton Hears a Who. You're a nice mom. You're so good to me." How sweet is he??? Love him.

One last random note. Isabel had a good hair day - it's so long, and curls so nicely at the end. What a doll - love her too!

4 comments:

Tee said...

Isnt it just so sweet when little kids say things like that? It just melts my heart! Your kids are very sweet.

Kristina said...

You need to erase the fenridal comment. I think it is a bad link. I am glad you got to go to the movie. Kids are so wonderful when they are sweet. Congrats on Brian coming home!

Brittany said...

I really want to take Abby to this movie, I might just try it now.

Pat R said...

Dr. Seuss is classic; after seeing Horton Hears a Who i remembered how much he packs into relatively simple storylines... they didn't add much to the original story either except for the usual Jim Carreyisms.