Monday, May 30, 2011

Family pictures

Few things are as fabulous as seeing your family captured forever in a beautiful picture. They are a lot of work and stress and planning (and even a little praying for Mother Nature to do her part), but the result is worth every bit and more.

Let me just say these are my favorite family pics we have ever done. I love how the clothes/colors came together, the location suggested by a friend was perfect, and my friend Kristie Chadwick is simply an artistic genius. I sewed Isabel's dress and made her hair accessory, and found the rest of the clothes with a little help from my friends. I bribed, pleaded with, begged, threatened and generally coerced the children to participate. The older two I wasn't worried about and I knew there only so much silliness we could do to get Mason to stay engaged, but it was Lucas who really had me worried. He's infamous for turning glaring and turning his back to me when I ask him to smile for the camera. But he had his mind made up that he'd do whatever we asked, all for a new Hot Wheels car and his own pack of gum. And he did.

The evening was overcast, which was OK, but I missed the sun really bringing out the deep blue sparkle of my kids' eyes; they look a little lighter than they are. Otherwise, perfection. Here are a few of my favorites-

I haven't even begun to narrow down which individuals of the kids are my faves. But because Kristie is so awesome, she put the entire gallery into a slideshow, which includes all the kids' individuals. CLICK HERE if you'd like to view the slide show.

How in the world am I ever going to choose??? Thank you Kristie!

9 comments:

taradon said...

BEAUTIFUL!! Those are wonderful pictures. Makes me excited for our family pictures (coming up in a month) and hopeful that they'll come out as well!

carrie said...

Love them! They look so good!

Jen said...

How are you ever going to pick? They are all truly perfect. I'm so happy for you. Genius with the bribing, too.

Colleen said...

So gorgeous, your kids are beautiful!

Ashley said...

STUNNING! Way to go Momma (and your friend!) Love the one with your kiddos- Isabel's hand on hip and Lucas' hand in pocket! You look beautiful in all of them! YAY for great family pix! :)

Becky said...

Love the colors, love the spot, love that you kept your kids out of white!! Yea for having new pictures to hang up.

Janae said...

Those are absolutely gorgeous! I agree there is something so amazing about capturing a moment in time.

Kristi said...

Oooh, you have got to be thrilled with these, they are AMAZING! Kudos to you on putting the outfits combinations together. I am crazy smitten with your color choices and the little details. These are treasure for sure - so fun!!

The Frosts said...

Well, I already posted on FB but I love, love, love the way these turned out. You nailed it with the color scheme and outfits. And you are looking great too!!