They loved the old schoolhouse, built in 1874. We imagined what it would be like to go to school then. They saw some animal mounts from the region and some old school books.



There were a lot of nature trails that wound around the property, with streams, a fun treehouse, old buildings, and such. We learned about a lot of native plans and animals. It was beautiful.









There is also an old ranch house and other buildings, including a chicken house, barn, and such from an old homestead. The house itself was great, set up from the time period and the kids could interact with the things inside, including looking at old photos. Connor loved "cooking" in the kitchen, Isabel loved "sewing," and they also loved swinging on the old front porch.










Summer is off to a fun start!
2 comments:
Neat spot...thanks for letting me know about it. I like that they can touch the old things.
So fun. I didn't even know this place existed! I'm adding it to my list of things to do in CO this summer. Keep posting your adventures. So fun!
Post a Comment