
Today is Mother's Day and I've taken over Melissa's blog for a moment!
When I was single, I thought a lot about what I wanted in a wife.
I wanted someone who was beautiful, of course. But, more importantly, I wanted someone who believed in and lived the gospel of Jesus Christ. I wanted someone who shared my desire to have children and to raise them right. I wanted someone who was a good person and had a passion for life.
This year, we celebrate 10 years of marriage, and today Melissa celebrates Mothers Day for the ninth time - 2003 counts since she was eight months pregnant! It's safe to say that I set my goals too low years ago. Melissa is everything I wanted in a wife and more. I could not have imagined a better woman to share my life with, or a better woman to raise our children.
Melissa is beautiful. She loves her Heavenly Father and has been a great example of faith and spirituality in our lives. She is incredibly loyal to her family and friends. She has compassion towards those around her. She's a fabulous cook, talented with crafts and has always made our home a safe, warm and comfortable place to be. Melissa is also a wonderful mother and I feel so fortunate that our children have her in their lives.
Our children - Connor (who will be eight later this month), Isabel (6 in October), Lucas (4 next month) and Mason (1 next month) - are incredible children, in large part because of the great examples from Melissa.
Melissa has taught them to love life. She has made learning fun for them, through visits to dairy farms, the planetarium, museums and, simply, by taking them out into nature. She has given them culture through fun and creative activities during the Olympics and on holidays. She has provided them wonderful opportunities to grow as people, through play groups, dance classes, soccer, basketball, chess and other activities. She has been the perfect example of a hands-on mother during Connor's education and Isabel's time in preschool.
Through Melissa's example, our children have learned to have great manners. They actually eat fruit and vegetables (sometimes). They also have a love for Heavenly Father. They know how to pray. They know Christmas and Easter mean loads of candy, but they also know the spiritual meaning of those holidays because Melissa makes sure that is a focus.
As much as I'm trying, I can't possibly put into words what Melissa means to me and our children. We all love her so very much. I think she's the greatest wife in the world, and I couldn't imagine our children having a better mother.
So, Melissa, on those days when the children don't behave and those days when I'm not the nicest guy in the world, always remember you are loved - much more than you could possibly know.
Happy Mother's Day!


10 comments:
What a great way to celebrate and honor such an incredible woman/mother/wife! Loved reading this post Brian! happy Mother's Day Melissa!
I for one also think she is pretty darn amazing. I feel lucky to call her friend. Hope your Mother's Day was good- now let's just get over all the sickness!!!
What a fun surprise! I didn't even know Brian knew how to blog. Thanks! I am so fortunate to have the family I do. But he could have chosen a better picture...
What a great way to honor your wife. Happy Mothers Day!
Thanks for sharing! I think she's pretty terrific too!
I'm so glad to see how much Melissa is loved. You guys are awesome!
We think she's pretty terrific, too! So nice to know our son is so happy!
Love,
Mom & Dad H
Aw, so sweet. Happy Mother's Day!
It makes me happy knowing that you are CHERISHED!
Wow! How can anyone top that for a mother's day present. You are amazing just as Brian said!
Post a Comment