For breakfast we had - what else? - Green Eggs and Ham.

At lunch, we had a party on the deck in which we read all of our Dr. Seuss books. Connor reports that his favorite is One Fish Two Fish Red Fish Blue Fish, while Isabel's is Mr. Brown Can Moo, Can You?

During dinner we watched Horton Hears a Who (we love that movie!). It's a rare treat for the kids to get to watch dinner while eating, it's pretty much a no-no in our house.

And after dinner we ate the One Fish Two Fish Red Fish Blue Fish cupcakes that we had made. The red fish is of course a Swedish Fish, the others I crudely fashioned out of AirHeads candy. It worked.

The kids thoroughly enjoyed the day; Connor especially was most pleased and declared it the "best birthday ever." He also really thought Dr. Seuss was actually going to attend our party. Seriously. In the morning while I was talking on the phone to my sister he came in the room and asked, "are you talking to Dr. Seuss?" And when the doorbell rang later, he ran to the door exclaiming, "is Dr. Seuss here?" I then had to gently remind him that Dr. Seuss would not be coming as he had, in fact, passed on from this life. He handled the news pretty well.
13 comments:
So cute! Once again you prove your super mom status. I was wondering by the end of the post whether you had broken it to the kids that Dr. Seuss is no longer with us. :)
What a fun idea! you are such a great mom...thanks for inspiring the rest of us.
What a fun day! I love the cupcakes- the fish look great! The one time that I made green eggs and ham, my kids were so excited, and then would not touch any of it because it "looked funny"!
Looks like a fun reading party on the deck- I love Mr. Brown and his fun sounds, too.
sounds like a great day. Now,seriously, couldn't daddy have dressed up as Dr. Seuss....of course, i guess that would be rather deceptive. Sure did look like fun!! Love, mom, not Kristina
Such a fun day.
What an awesome mom you are!!! Someday I will do cool things like that for my kids... way to go!
What a fun day!
How stinking cute. I didn't even know it was Dr. Suess' bday. What a fun day/memory for your kiddos. I will be stealing pretty much all of them for next year :)
Very very cool. Dr. Seuss books are so much fun. We love them around here. Mr. Brown is a fav.
FUN! FUN! FUN! What a great mom you are!
Love,
Mom H
Hey there super mom!! Nothing like making me realize I need to step it up for my poor kids!! Seriously, just one of the activities by itself it great, but you just kept going, way to be creative and inspire!!
What a fun birthday for the good old dr. seuss. You did your kids proud. Super creative ideas.
Awesome job super mom!
Post a Comment