Thursday, March 12, 2009

Survival mode

So we're in the hotel until Friday. Yesterday got VERY long. Towards evening, after a very nutritious meal of frozen dinners (something I never buy), we passed the time by:

- Finding a quiet, out-of-the-way, unused meeting room where the kids ran laps like race cars, and then we played Simon Says and Red Light Green Light. That burned some good energy. My kids think running is the greatest thing ever.

- We turned one of the empty frozen dinner boxes into a mailbox and played a mail game, where we wrote notes and put them in the box for each other. Actually, Connor and I wrote notes for each other, and Isabel just kept making everyone "Memberships to Rocky Mountain PBS Kids," which she said we could find at RockyMountainPBS dot com. She told us the membership includes a nice birthday celebration. WAHOO! I'll certainly be looking forward to that in October.

-Isabel and I read scriptures aloud. She would turn to a page and have me read a verse so she could repeat it (nope, still haven't found These Is My Words).

I spent most of today on a fun - but exhausting - field trip with Connor's class. I am really seriously tired out. But it was a nice change of pace and scenery for sure! Brian is at work for the evening, so I've got one final go-round in the hotel room with the kiddos this evening. This is going to take everything I've got. I am ready for a quiet evening to myself. In a serious way.

More on the field trip when I get home.

Thanks for the kind offers of letting us crash at various homes. The end is in sight now, but I truly appreciate it!

2 comments:

Tee said...

I know you can get through this! I hope things just breeze by tonight! Good luck :)

Lara said...

At least you were able to come up with some fun ideas- and you get a super fun birthday out of the deal. I would say that your hotel stay was a success. Yup, a success. Hope you go home soon!