Thursday, April 3, 2008

Thoughts for a Thursday

Just a few random things today:

1) American Idol: So long Ramiele. Good call on Idol last night. I'm hoping next on the line will be Kristy Lee Cook (really, the sign was SO tacky) and Jason Castro. From there, we'll start to lose the really good talent. My top pics are the three guys (minus Jason) and Brooke. I was so sad to see her in the bottom three. The Dolly show was surprisingly entertaining! I like Dolly Parton, but wasn't so sure about an entire hour. But I guess with 3,000 songs, there's bound to be some variety!

2) Cats and dogs: My kids are having a rough week - is it something in the stars? They have been fighting like cats and dogs and making lots of bad choices. And when they're not fighting, they are literally acting like a cat (Connor) and a dog (Isabel). Did you ever put food in bowls on the floor when you were younger and eat like this? Please tell me I wasn't the only one...:

3. Is it just me, or does Pottery Barn Kids stuff get cuter with each catalog? The latest wall art is SO stinkin' cute. I am especially in love with this frog and owl (I love owls), but at $119 each (for an 18 inch square!) it is so not in my price range. Love it, though!4. The housing market. Really, I can hardly bear to even read the news stories anymore. This latest article was on our 9News website yesterday; it's about a community in my stake. They are calling it an "exodus" with the number of vacant homes there b/c of foreclosure. And how do you feel about the feds planning to help out those in foreclosure? For people who were stupid and greedy and got in over their heads, I have no sympathy. Maybe it's harsh, but really, when a buyer can find an entire home for close to what we are trying to sell our townhome for, it stinks. But something is needed to turn things around. We are now at 2+ months on the market with our new realtor, and not one showing. We are putting our ducks in a row to get the rental ball rolling. Stay tuned.

5. I am really looking forward to general conference. It's always really uplifting, and it will be interesting to see President Monson sustained as the new Prophet.

6. Connor is done with school May 7. That is like a month away! Not sure I'm ready for him to be out so soon. I think starting school in August and getting out in May is wrong. Much prefer September to June. Oh well, summer break is on the horizon! At least we have a 2-week trip to Minnesota in July for the 4th and my brother's wedding. Isabel will be a flower girl and Connor a ringbearer. July will SO be here before I know it!

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

It just sucks. However it does seem the that rental market is improving. There just might be some hope!

Anonymous said...

I forgot to add I love the kitty and the puppy.

Tiffany said...

You could totally make those adorable owl and frog paintings yourself for like $10 total. They are super cute :)

I hope your housing situation looks up soon, that is so crappy. I saw that report on the news last night too.

Lori said...

I agree with you about the school thing. September to June is better than August to May. But I can't believe that Connor will be in kindergarten, and Lily in first grade! Wow
Good luck with the house thing too.

Lori said...

I agree with you about the school thing. September to June is better than August to May. But I can't believe that Connor will be in kindergarten, and Lily in first grade! Wow
Good luck with the house thing too.
I agree that helping people in forclosure is a bit of a stretch in my opinion, maybe it will help in the long run though?

Brittany said...

I have to say I never ate from a bowl on the floor, however I did eat in a "tent" as we rosted our hotdogs and ate a chip or 2 (under the blanket between 2 chairs) while out on a safari...does that count?

Susan said...

Good luck with the rental - I have a good friend who is a realtor and he says the rental market is awesome right now. He has several rental properties and is making a huge profit on them monthly b/c people who can't qualify to buy (due to foreclosure, or whatever) still have the $$ they need to pay top dollar for rent. GOOD LUCK!

Your kids are awesome!

Amy said...

Didn't watch idol this season but I like Dolly Parton in small doses as well. I didn't realize until recently how talented she is in writing music too.
kitty and puppy look like they are having fun. Addy loves to play puppy too.

The Frosts said...

I LOVE this season of Idol too. I am ready for Kristy Lee and Jason to go buh-bye. Oh and I'm not a fan of the Irish girl even though she has a good voice. I really love both the Davids.

I'm so sorry about the housing market. I know it has stressed you out for ages. Frustrating. The housing market here is one of the worst in the country and I hope we don't have to move for a very long time because our house has gone down in value since we bought. Ugh. Good luck with the rental!

Your kids are so cute. My kids pretty much fight every day. So frustrating. I tell them that if they can't play together then they can work together instead. It usually shapes them up.

AND I love the new PBK catalog. So many cute things. That art is totally cute but overpriced!

(was this long enough for you?)