Wednesday, January 30, 2008

My tiny giant

Isabel seems to be a study in contrasts. She is so tiny, but has huge personality/vocabulary/ communication skills. For example:

At gymnastics on Monday, one of the other moms asked me if Isabel was premature. I said, "no, actually a day overdue." She said Isabel looks like her niece, who was born premature (tiny, small features) and has a big feisty personality like her niece. She was convinced she was a preemie.

Then today, Isabel and I were shopping at JoAnn fabrics, and having a nice conversation (she'd pick out certain fabrics and other things in the store and say things like, "oh, mom, look - isn't it beautiful?" Someone overheard us and asked how old she is. I said "2." She said she thought she was at least 3, and called Isabel "very grown-up."

So I guess she's the size of a 1-year-old (for real; I think she's up to 22 pounds, and she's 27 months). But seems she talks and acts like a 3-year-old. I guess it averages out to a 2-year-old!

1 comment:

Lori said...

I am so sad I missed seeing your kids at Christmas. Abigail is also small, but not quite as small as yours. Abby is 21 pounds at 18 months. It is hard to imagine that size at 27 months. Thanks for the cute story.