
Friday mornings are often a little quiet, as Connor doesn't have school on Fridays. Sometimes we run errands during this time, sometimes go to the park or have play dates, and sometimes it's just a quiet morning, as was this morning. So, I pulled out the Play-Doh; it never fails to provide at least a good solid hour of pure kid fun and entertainment. This morning Connor and Isabel wanted me to make birthday candles. Birthdays have been a frequent subject of conversation as of late, as Isabel turns 2 on Thursday. And Connor just wishes every day was his birthday. So we practiced blowing out candles for Isabel's birthday. Really, don't you just wish for the teeniest moment that you could be so easily amused? And that your birthdays were as thrilling now as when you were younger? The endless joys of childhood...On another note, I am excited because I just enrolled Isabel in her first gymnastics class, which starts in a couple of weeks. Next year will be dance (I am giddy with excitement at the thought!), but I thought we'd try gymnastics for now and see where it goes. She sure is tiny like a gymnast!
And finally, I had to share Connor's favorite word at the moment: shenanigans. As I was putting him to bed a few nights ago, I told him, "no shenanigans tonight!" He has been fascinated with this word ever since, and says it all the time. I find this amusing. He asks me frequently, "mom, what does no shenanigans mean?" I say, "you know what it means." He replies, "no goofing around!" I love words, and I love when my kids learn new words. Like when Isabel told me the other day, "elephants are ENORMOUS!" (with extra emphasis on the word). There's something so funny about an almost-two-year-old using the word enormous.
1 comment:
I just love stories about kids. They provide so much entertainment!
Post a Comment