Tuesday, October 23, 2007

And the days go by

To say this month has been crazy is a complete understatement.

On Thursday, my mom flew in for a visit. She came for our Primary program, and of course to visit her adorable grandchildren. We packed in lots of activities, including a trip to Estes Park, a visit to a pumpkin patch, the program, Isabel's first gymnastics class, and shopping excursions. See following posts for pics from some of these.

My mom flew out today, leaving me totally alone with 3 children, as Brian flew to Boston yesterday for the World Series. He is gone until Friday. Gulp. At least my mom's visit overlapped Brian's absence by a day. It's a little overwhelming to go from 5 days of extra help to 4 days with NO help. Fortunately, friends are rescuing us for dinner a couple of nights this week. This might keep me sane. I repeat, might.

If I didn't have a nursing baby I would have gone to Boston with Brian in a heartbeat. But alas, here we are and there he is. Walking through the bowels of Fenway park. Imagining all the greats who have walked those same steps. He says walking from the players' tunnel onto the field was one of the greatest moments of his life (after marrying me and having our children, of course).

Here's hoping we all survive the week!

1 comment:

Wendie said...

You'll do great - and I'm excited for Brian! I hate the Red Sox, but we'll be cheering for the Rockies!! I'll look for Brian :)