I went running today. Decided it's time to work off the Lucas weight. Well, actually, I was down to my pre-pregnancy weight when he was 6 weeks old, but that included a little extra left over from Isabel. Seriously, losing weight after Connor was SO easy. I started running when he was 4 months old. I ran for a month, and was a SMALLER size than when I got pregnant. I didn't get what was so difficult about it! And then Isabel came along. I don't know if it was just the baby #2 thing, or the fact that when I had her I had reached a certain milestone and my age began with a "3" instead of a "2." Either way...
It's just amazing what an appendectomy and 3 basketball-shaped pregnancies ending in 3 C-sections have done to my stomach! It's like the time Brian accidentally wore a pair of my socks. They were permanently stretched out and would not return to their normal size for anything. Some socks might have returned to their normal shape, but not that pair. I must not have very elastic skin. My doctor told me I'd be a "perfect candidate" for a tummy tuck. If there's one thing I want to be a perfect candidate for, that is NOT it!
And so this all leads me to start running. I am so not a great runner, but it's the best way I've found to drop a few. And there really is such thing as a runner's high! It's like therapy for me. But I'm lucky to get in a couple of miles these days. I can't believe I ran a marathon 7 years ago!
Forgive my whinings. I adore my children. It's just going to take some effort to learn to love my post-babies body.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
I'm right there with ya sista. I started back on our bike with no results yet other than that excersie high. I started using my Polar heart rate monitor and it has been a good motivator for me.
Good job! I'm impressed that you're out there exercising. I so feel you on the post baby body. It's kind of an injustice after all you sacrifice to bring a baby into the world that our bodies don't bounce back immediately. Great work and good luck!
Yea! I am glad you are running again! I feel you on the post baby body. Mine came back after Lillian, has yet to return after Abigail. The running has tightened and toned things, but I am still different. I love the fact that I feel better about myself when I exersize. So if nothing else changes at least I have that. (and my new jeans:-)
Post a Comment