Today was the first of six "family days" at preschool that are held throughout the year. Basically, the families are invited to the last hour of school to work on a project with the kids. We were all able to go today. It was SO cute! First they did circle time and played a game, "Little mouse, little mouse, are you in the _____ house?" The kids take turns choosing different colored houses, and one of them had a little mouse hiding beneath it. Isabel even got a turn, and oh my goodness, she was ALL over that one. Just marched her little body up to the front of the class to take her turn. Then we worked together to cut out little houses and a mouse and decorated them to bring home. Connor and Isabel played that game forever this evening!At the end of family day, the kids sang a cute song for the parents. And here is my little admission - I am a seriously emotional mom who is a sucker for these things! Just watching my little boy sitting with all his preschool friends singing this adorable song, and I CANNOT help it - I totally tear up! OK, I'm not like sobbing, but I get a little misty-eyed. Brian always knows when I'm fighting to keep it hidden so I don't look ridiculous. He kindly glosses over it at the time (and then I hear about it later, in good humor of course). :)
Connor is doing great at school. He's already using scissors and cutting much better than last year. And we met his new speech therapist, who's fantastic. She said Connor has way surpassed his goals. Nice work buddy!
2 comments:
Sounds like a lot of fun! So did camping with Dad. I am at my in-laws with high speed internet so catching up on watching the videos as well. (I don't even like admitting this, but we are still on dial up.)
So cute! Don't worry, I'm one of those misty mommies too. :)
Post a Comment