I have missed blogging. So let's catch up on Thanksgiving.
It was very low key this year. Just us and Brian's sister. I made the meal, Erin brought the pies.I made my best turkey and gravy EVER (juiciest, best flavor, fastest cook time) using Mel's genius paper bag technique. I cooked a 13-pound turkey in 2 hours and 13 minutes. AMAZING!
It was a sunny, 70-degree day, and we enjoyed a park outing after dinner. We watched the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade that morning, and later in the evening we watched Christmas movies. Because I WILL NOT do Christmas movies or music until after Thanksgiving dinner has ended.
We reminded ourselves that while there are some things we desperately want to change, there are many more things for which we are truly grateful. Top of my list is these lovely little people who rock my world daily-
(Older children before the Primary Program)
(And all four after Mister Mason joined in with his new cheese grin)
Lucas' Thankful poem from preschool sums it up pretty well (entirely his own words)-


3 comments:
YEA for a working computer!! That Lucas- is he going to be a writer too- loved that poem!!
I'm grateful you're back! Sorry about your computer woes. No fun. Your littles are adorable, you are blessed indeed.
Nice low key Thanksgiving. I am trying that paper bag idea next year! Love Lucas' poem too!
Post a Comment