Monday, December 26, 2011

More days of Christmas

We attended Isabel and Connor's class Christmas parties. I forgot the camera at Isabel's. Connor's class performed a Christmas play - Connor did a great job memorizing and delivering his lines - and they performed some songs. Darling.

We had a Christmas get together with my brother and SIL Nate and Alli. We watched A Charlie Brown Christmas and had pizza, exchanged some gifts and went on a great walk to look at lights.

I did a fun Christmas ornament craft with the kiddos, thanks to a Pinterest pin. We painted little canvases, applied painted handprints, then decorated them as snowmen and hung them on the tree. This took most of an afternoon with all the drying between each step and the work they put into them, and it was SO MUCH FUN! We all have a great time doing this. I am slightly project OCD and am so proud of myself for not helping them at all - these are entirely their works of art. We followed with an Apple Dumpling Gang movie party; I loved this movie growing up, and it was the first time my kids have seen it. Brought back so many memories.

We (read: Brian) spiced up our spaghetti dinner one evening by creating a small plate of Buddy the Elf spaghetti. I refused to try it, he choked down a bite, but the kids ate it right up.

We had a huge snowstorm just a couple of days before Christmas, and went sledding and playing in the magical sparkly white joy. Mason especially is crazy about snow.

We did our annual tradition of wearing PJs to drive around and look at lights and deliver some goodies; this year we added mugs of hot chocolate to the evening. The snowstorm had just ended, and it was a silent, sparkly night to be out. A very peaceful and warm memory.

3 comments:

Jen said...

I can't believe the cool things you will do for your kids Melissa. Buddy the Elf spaghetti? And they ate it??!!

The Calverts said...

Wow, you've set a whole new standard with the Buddy the Elf spaghetti! Your creativity knows no bounds. Loved the snowman craft! Hope you guys had a great Christmas.

Ashley said...

I love the hot cocoa in mugs for the car. We usually do it afterward, but DURING the light sight seeing is even better! :)