Monday, November 1, 2010

Birthday and Halloween weekend

Lots of celebrations over the past few days. Preschool party, friend parties, school party, ward trunk or treat, Brian and Melissa's birthday, Halloween. Here are a few highlights:

On Friday the 29th Brian and Melissa turned 36. My friend kindly offered to watch the 3 non-school kids so we could go out for lunch. We had a great lunch at The Cheesecake Factory; it was the first time we went out without Mason. That was a fabulous gift!

I just sneaked in my October dessert of the month before the month ended, pumpkin gooey butter cake. Not the most beautiful presentation, but the recipients said it was fabulous. I love the October poem I found, click on the picture if you want to read.

Connor's school doesn't allow costumes, so his teacher had a Spooktacular Breakfast. So nice that they welcome siblings. Connor is wearing a hat for "put a cap on drugs day."

Costumes this year were: Mr. Incredible, a black cat, a pirate, and SuperBaby. Isabel wanted to be a girly cat, so we got a black skirt, and then she decided that cats don't have a "big poof in the middle." So in some pictures she's skirted, in others, not. Lucas really mastered a mean pirate sneer; kid cracks me up. They all loved their costumes this year and had a great time wearing their costumes to the ward trunk-or-treat, to a friend party, and trick-or-treating; we had amazingly beautiful weather this year.

The haul:

7 comments:

The Calverts said...

GREAT costumes! Lucas sure does a great pirate. What a nice birthday gift -- some uninterrupted time together and good food, too!

Kristi said...

You and Brian were born on the same day/same year? That is amazing! Lunch at the CCF sounds like a perfect celebration.
(oh, and I would love to be 36!!)

Your kids are adorable - such cute costumes, and happy little Halloween faces. You always celebrate in style!

Unknown said...

What great costumes your kids had Melissa! I especially love Mason in his super hunky Superman! :)

Kristina said...

So sad that they can't dress up at school! Happy birthday to you and Brian! I am in love with Lucas' sneer. Hilarious. Cute costumes all around!

Jen said...

I like the breakfast at school idea. Your kids are adorable.

Lori said...

What cute costumes! It looks like fun was had by all. I can't believe how fast these babies are growing and changing either. Take care!

Colleen said...

Cute kiddos! I love Halloween. And happy birthday to both of you!