Thursday, October 28, 2010

Halloween prep

Hmmmmm. My kids keep reminding me I turn another year older tomorrow. I thought, this can't possibly be, I just turned a year older. I guess that was a year ago. Which means Halloween is upon us. And then Christmas. And then Mason will be graduating. Time, oh time. You march faster by the day. Please let me catch my breath a moment...

I have managed to do a few fun Halloween projects/activities. I won't bore with you my decor from last year, but here's my newest Halloween crafts/decor-
- Wooden BOO letter with paper and embellishments-

- my latest mantel arrangement. I kept meaning to switch out the pink blossoms for orange or red berries or stems, guess I forgot.

- a closeup of my new black cat figure, she makes me happy-

- Fun Halloween advent boxes, made popular by Just A Girl. My kids think opening a box a day and finding little surprises (erasers, candy, stickers, etc) in each one is quite possibly one of the most exciting things as of late.

- Made this fun Halloween wreath out of 50 yards of tulle. Again, meant to add some orange ribbon, clearly that hasn't happened yet. She's still pretty, though-

- Made up this saying (don't tell if you've seen it somewhere, I never had, and like to think I coined a new phrase) and my friend cut it for me from her vinyl machine. Thank you Erica!

And together, along with pumpkins on the stoop-

My friend Jen and I had a fun craft day, making cute witch feet towels. One for Connor's teacher-
and one for me-

We've been listening to this extensively; I quite like it, I have to admit. Track 2 - Disturbia - really gets me a booty-shakin.' You should see Isabel's Thriller moves. Lucas can ALMOST keep up with the Witch Doctor lyrics. And Connor gives a most noble effort doing the Running Man. Good times.

One evening, FHE consisted of carving pumpkins-

And enjoying spider web cookies. These were fun to make-

This year, we've got a Mr. Incredible, black cat, pirate, and SuperBaby (really Superman). Have a haunting weekend! I know I'm truly scared by the number I am turning in just a few short hours (shudder).

7 comments:

Jen said...

Fun stuff Melissa. Happy Birthday to you and Brian!

Colleen said...

I love Halloween! Great decorations, and Happy Birthday to both of you tomorrow!

Lara said...

Ha Ha Ha! Closer to 40 than 30 truly is scary!!!!!
Happy Halloween:)

Kristina said...

Happy birthday! I am stealing your advent box idea sometime. Love the decoration!

Kristi said...

Happy, Happy Birthday and Happy Halloween! What a fun weekend you have ahead of you. (I struggle with the whole getting older thing, so I feel your pain on that one...)

Love your Halloween fodder. Those witch feet towels are TDF!! The cookies are super cute, and the little advent boxes look very fun. Lily would love those!

The Calverts said...

Spooktacular decorations! I love the feet coming off of the towels. Happy Birthday to you and Brian. I hope you enjoy your special day!

Danny,Vycci and Kids said...

I just have to comment and say, "Wow for some reason Connor looks really old." It was like I had a glimpse of what he might look like as a young man, very handsome of course. But that kind of scared me a little.