We celebrated the big 5 - pardon me while I get slightly misty, I feel we are leaving little-girl hood and entering a new era - with a friend party on Saturday (see previous post for deets). And tonight we had a family party with Brian's parents, my 2 brothers and sister-in-law.
I tried to play photographer again, and get just one nice shot of Isabel on her birthday. Wow, it really wasn't in the cards this time around. Here's a pathetic offering. Hello, is that an angel? No, it's just Isabel in an extremely washed out picture. Grumble grumble. Seriously, a camera in my hands becomes a weapon of mass destruction. I'm almost as useless with a camera as I am with a cell phone. But I digress... that's a story for another day.



Let's head inside, shall we? Perhaps it gets better. Or, not.
When we get together with my brothers, it doesn't take long for a boy pile to develop. Such fun, these crazy, young, energetic, kid-less uncles.

Another cake, this time the seasonally scrumptious pumpkin delight-



More presents-



The Barbie CD sing-a-long CD player from us was an unbelievably huge hit. My daughter loves singing, music, dancing and performing, so this was the perfect gift. The boys joined in, and oh my, what a show we all enjoyed. Suffice it to say they all have the performing bug. Lucas had some sort of rock-star swagger, Isabel belted out the Lion King and a whole slew of patriotic songs, and the boys dueted (is that a word?) on some Jack Johnson. Now that's an evening of entertainment as its finest. We could charge admission!



The birthday girl with her Nanna and Grandpa-

Happy 5th birthday Isabel. You have our hearts.
6 comments:
She is so adorable. Can't believe our babies are getting so big! Happy birthday, Isabel.
Such fun! Happy birthday to Isabel.
She really is such a doll. Glad it was a fun day for her. :)
Happy birthday sweet girl! Wish we could've joined the celebrating. Our brothers are quite the duo. Nice presents, too!
Happy Birthday! You are such a looker- watch our Melissa! She is definitely your daughter...
Oh, I think your pics turned out great! If you want, email them to me and I'll edit the lighting a little bit. THey're just a little too light at top but I can fix that for you ;)
She is a darling girl and I love her cute, cute personality. I also love how well you document it (and all your kids). Happy Birthday Isabel!
Post a Comment