She got to meet sweet Mason-

I decided to post the group shot despite the fact that my hair is (way) past due for a cut and I couldn't even deal with it that day and it looks like a complete nightmare.

2. Our nephew Parker (Brian's sister Kelley's baby boy; this gets confusing b/c my sister Kristina also has a baby Parker about the same age) is a baby model! He was featured in last Friday's JCPenney circular; he's the baby boy in the brown/blue stripes. Fun to open the ad and see our nephew in it!

3. Connor didn't have school on Friday, and it was about the most amazingly beautiful Fall day ever. Not a cloud to be seen, fresh snow on the mountains, beautiful colors, warm sun. October in its most perfect form. I loaded the kids in the van, packed a picnic lunch, cranked some John Denver, and drove to Boulder. We just explored and played the day away at Chautauqua and at a park near Boulder Creek. It was awesome.

The kids thought this slide was the bomb-




Ever heard of making rock angels? Me neither. I should rather think it painful. Apparently I should certainly be wrong-

This was the perfect spot to sit a spell, feed Mason and enjoy the view while the kids played squirrel family (again, with the squirrel family!) gathering acorns for the winter.


Yummy baby-

We see lots of yellow and orange, but not so much of the red leaves. Gotta capture it when we can-





Silly Isabel, don't you know you need a much bigger pile to jump into?

Apparently, like the rock angel, she was uninjured-

More yummy baby (sorry, for I can't help myself)

The sad part of the day was finding out my grandpa (who has not been doing well since he had a stroke in August), is not expected to live past this weekend. He is still hanging on, but he likely will pass any day. I lost my other grandfather when I was 16, but since then, have had my 3 other grandparents. I am sad at the thought of losing him, but also sad at the thought of him lingering in this condition. Every time the phone ring I brace for the news. I am still bracing.
5 comments:
What a fun day! Mason's hair is growing in really nicely. I like the color, too. Glad you were able to spend time with Brian's grandma. I think 3 or 4 leaves constitute a pile large enough for jumping in to. That's what I've seen, at least!
Some great family times - love the pictures! Sorry to hear about your Grandpa. We're in a similar situation with my Grandpa. He has frequent appointments with the doctor, and they're always surprised when he makes it to another one. It's hard waiting for that inevitable phone call.
Laughing... at the rock angels - too funny!
Loving... that sweet baby of yours.
Swooning... over your beautiful autumn photos. You did good!
I love how you and your family live the seasons to their fullest. Such great times. Sorry to hear about the passing of your Grandpa. I wish we lived close to each other so that I could watch your kids for you.
It was so pretty the other day, what a fun time for the kids. Love all the Mason pictures, he is super cute.
Post a Comment