Brian's uncle Jim - who was here with his family at our home for a brunch on Easter weekend, they were visiting from California to see Nanna - had a massive stroke recently and has had a very difficult journey since then. We feel so sad that he won't be able to attend his mother's (Nanna) funeral.
Last Friday, my grandfather had a heart attack and was in intensive care for a bit. He's home now, but is not doing well at all. It really is difficult for Brian and I to watch our parents dealing with their parents in this way, having to make difficult decisions and at some point say goodbye.
My dear sweet cousin gave everyone a scare a couple of weeks ago when she had her 2nd baby and came close to losing her life. I am so grateful she pulled through and is doing well now.
And in the midst of everything going on, I am on the brink of meeting this new little person who will be joining us. If things go according to plan - and I'm growing increasingly skeptical that they will - he will be here two weeks from today. I hope to at least make it past Lucas's birthday next week. But I am ripe, let me tell you. If I had a nickel for every time I've been told I look huge, or miserable, or that I'm not going to make it to my scheduled C-section date...
Some sweet friends gave me a lovely baby shower/girls night out dinner the other night. We went to PF Chang's - major yum! - and had a fabulous evening. It was just what I needed. And it was so fun to get some new things for boy #3. Thanks to all you girls who made it a perfect evening, and helped me get in gear and start preparing for his arrival.
My mega-talented friend Jen - who should open a bakery -made these beautiful Martha Stewart rosette cupcakes for the shower. They were even more lovely in person. And that frosting was like silk. Fabulous.
I am taking life one day at a time - so many things going on in the next couple of weeks. And all I wanna do is sleep. But I am immensely grateful to those who have been helping me out by taking my kiddos and bringing me dinners. I'm too tired and heavy to refuse at this point. But the end is in sight! I can't even remotely believe the time is nigh.
6 comments:
I'm sorry to hear about all the family troubles lately. {{HUGS}} Glad you had such a fun girls night before this new baby arrives. LOVE those cupcakes!
Those cupcakes are beautiful! I am sorry that you have so many relatives that are struggling. I hope these next couple of weeks go well for you. Hang in there!
It is funny that as I am reading this you are in surgery delivering! I am sorry your weren't ready, but he sure is! Can't wait to meet him.
I think that it was the PF Chang's. Did you get that spicy shrimp dish? Uh-huh, that did it. Spice=labor. Cannot wait to see pics of the little one:)
Nigher than you thought! :)
Yes, that is a lot of trauma in a short period of time! I keep hearing different accounts of how Grandpa is doing.
Good luck with your new little one! I hope everything went well!
Love to know you had a great shower, I know PF Change's is your favorite, I am assuming you got the shrimp. So glad to hear about the baby, see you soon. I look forward to seeing the baby.
Post a Comment