On Tuesday I brought cupcakes in for his class. He's been waiting all year for his friends to sing the "cafeteria" version of Happy Birthday to him. (Happy Birthday to you, cha cha cha. Happy Birthday to you, cha cha cha. Happy Birthday dear Connor, Happy Birthday to you. Cha cha cha, ooh la la, in the cafeteria.) Do you know of this version? Interesting, but very popular among the first graders.




When we asked Connor what he wanted to do to celebrate his birthday, he said, "I'd like to meet President Monson. Can we do that?" When we said that probably wasn't an option, he said he'd like to go to the mountains. Much more doable.
I let him pick anything he wanted for breakfast, and he chose Lucky Charms and blueberry muffins. Easy enough!
Then we headed to a beautiful mountain park up the canyon from Loveland. We had a picnic lunch next to the river, played at a park, and explored nature. This is where Connor is in his element. He loves the out-of-doors, exploring, climbing, and everything else that goes with it. It was a really beautiful day.










For dinner Connor brought along his good friend Soren and we went to Chuck E. Cheese. I just didn't think I could pull off a party at this stage, and that's where Connor wanted to go. So we went.




He's having fun with his new walkie-talkies, tons of new Legos, Star Wars activity book, and bucket of live ladybugs (still figuring out what to do with those).
Connor is a special boy. He's one of the more unique people I know. He often makes me see the world in new ways. He can be totally hilarious and make me laugh harder than just about anyone. And he can challenge me, helping me to learn patience. He is so smart, curious, adventurous, independent, active, loving, spiritual, thoughtful, and did I mention independent? He loves building, esp. Legos, being outside, exploring, going on any sort of adventure, rescue vehicles, bugs, animals, art projects, science, being the oldest brother, fishing, spending time with his family (dad especially). We love and adore this boy and cherish the memories we continue to build as we watch him grow. Happy 7th Birthday Connor Patrick!
7 comments:
What a great day, Connor! Happy birhtday young man! I remember the good ol' Chucky Cheese. I don't think they are quite the same now...
The wish to meet Pres. Monson made me laugh, but so sweet, too! Glad he was happy with the trip to the mountains instead.
Happy birthday, Connor! Elijah's talking Chuck-e-Cheese for his birthday party too. I think I like the one friend idea. :)
I'm glad they got so squeeze in the cupcakes before the final bell for the year! The mountains sound wonderful about now. I'm glad he had a nice day!
He looks so happy in all the pictures, you can tell he had a great time. Happy B-Day Connor, I remember when he was born and seeing you in the hospital, I feel like it was not that long ago. Nice to think that we have been friends that long. See you soon.
It is going by way to fast isn't it? I can't believe I will have a 3rd grader next fall. What? How did that happen? Looks like Connor had a great day!
Happy Birthday to handsome Connor.
Your hike pictures are so pretty. Looks like a fun day for the Birthday boy.
Hope you are holding up okay over there!
Post a Comment