
Since Brian and I share the same birthday and usually lame out by just going out to dinner that day, we tend to make a big deal out of Mother's and Father's Day, as it's the one day we get to ourselves. Sometimes I place big expectations on the day. Some years we hit big, some years not so much. So maybe the day wasn't as perfect as I hoped (nothing major, just felt like a zombie all day, splitting headache, serious backache, grumpy, Lucas woke up stinkin' early soaking wet and even though Brian dealt with it I never went back to bed, Connor dropped a tick on me - one of my biggest phobias and I about lost it, have never seen one in CO in 10 years of living here). So I sound like a whiner. Forgive me. I'm 34 weeks prego and miserable. The day really was good. And look at those faces - I am one lucky momma.
We did enjoy a tasty breakfast, Baked Blueberry Pecan French Toast, a recipe I picked out from my favorite food blog, Mel's Kitchen Cafe. Love pretty much everything on that site.

Brian and the children gave me a beautiful mini rose plant, the movie The Blind Side, which I love love love-

and a sassy new handbag that makes me happy. Love the pewter color.

Church was fabulous. All the women got chocolate truffles, and Relief Society had a fabulous video and message on visiting teaching, then we got to enjoy muffins, juice and chocolates and just visit. Lovely! I normally teach the 2nd Sunday, but the RS Pres switched with me this month so she could teach on Mother's Day. Worked for me! The kids all made darling Mother's Day pictures/cards for me-


I love the All About My Mom form that Connor did for me. It's so entertaining to see yourself through your children's eyes. I was impressed that he really knows me well! I love #7 :)
in case you need help deciphering, it reads:1. How do I show my mom I love her: ..... Help her
2. My favorite thing to do with my mom is: ..... Go somewhere
3. Her favorite color is: .... Blue
4. Her favorite food is: ..... Tockos (tacos, in reality anything Mexican)
5. If she had extra time, she likes to: ..... Take a bath
6. When my mom grows up, she wants to be a: ..... Writer
7. My mom and dad first met: ..... Themselves
8. My mom laughs when: ..... I make her laugh
9. My mom is _______ years old: 35 (unfortunately he got it right)
10. What my mom loves the most is: ..... Her family
After church I got to talk with my mom, whom I love so much and is a great example to me. She is a gifted teacher. She always made everything exciting and adventurous when I was growing up, and does likewise for my children. She loves to travel. She loves to read. She values and encourages education. She loves to craft and is an amazingly gifted seamstress. She loves the gospel. She loves her family and sacrifices much for all of us. She is an example of selfless service. She teaches me to be the better person. She encourages and supports and praises me. Everything I know about being a mom I learned from her.
We were fortunate to spend dinner with Brian's family, in the retirement home Brian's sweet Nanna has moved to. Nanna turns 90 next month, and her health is diminishing rapidly, which is so hard to see. She is the sweetest person, and I'm glad we got to see her, as well as Brian's mom Kathy, who loves us dearly, and to whom I am grateful for raising a son who is a devoted and dedicated father and husband. We have some good women in our lives!
Connor is especially sweet with Nanna, giving her gentle kisses and hugs. When she could still walk on her own, he loved being a gentleman and lending his arm to help her along. Connor and I had a long talk afterward about the changes he saw in Nanna and how he feels about that. He asked if her earthly test is almost over, and then asked how many years I have left. It's a lot to wrap an almost-7-year-old brain around.

Kathy with Nanna-

So grateful to be a mom. There is nothing like it. Hope all you wonderful ladies in my life enjoyed the day!
8 comments:
Oops, let me try this again. Happy Mother's day! What sweet children!!
Minus all the whining at the beginning it sounds like a super Mother's Day....really do you want to trade :)
Happy mom day! I can't believe Connor found a tick. Pretty funny. Love the purse! And Connor's note.
I'm glad it was a good Mother's Day aside from the pregnancy miseries and {shudder} tick!
Looks like it was a fun day minus the tick of course. Always nice to feel like you kids love and appriciate you.
Your Mother's day purse is beautiful! Such a great color.
Sorry your day was a little bumpy. And you don't sound whiny, in fact you are impressively cheerful!
Hang in there!
ps. I'm so embarassed - I've been driving around with your package, and still haven't sent it off. Tomorrow, tomorrow!!
Happy Mother's Day to an amazing woman and mother! I hope the next six weeks are quick and tick-free.
Sounds like a great mother's day all around (well almost). I love those kid surveys the most and he did a really good job! I too LOVE the blindside - best movie of the year and I love your purse. HOpe you're feeling well. Tell me it's all worth it in the end, ok ;)
Post a Comment