We're officially on summer break here! Connor finished 1st grade today with a picnic. It seems cliche to say I can't believe the school year is over, but... I can't believe the school year is over! Connor cried as we left school for the last time this year, saying he was going to miss his teachers and friends. I'm sure he'll switch into summer gear real quickly, esp. with a new brother on the horizon - which includes an extended visit from grandma and grandpa - fun outings with dad, Uncle Nate and Aunt Alli moving here, swim lessons, Club SOS, and more. I would imaging he'll soon be saying "what's school?"
I didn't get many pictures at the picnic, but here's one with a couple of friends-

and with his 5th-grade reading buddy; the 1st graders are paired with 5th-grade buddies, and read together once a week throughout the school year. Connor's buddy's name is Karen, but for some reason he decided to call her Sunny and she said she was cool with that(?)-

Time goes faster by the year these days. 2nd grade in August? Wow. Totally proud of that boy. Well done, Connor!
1 comment:
Way 2 go Connor! Addy has a reading buddy too - she is in fourth grade. Addy says they see each other on the playground and her buddy looks out for her. Love those reading buddies, and think it is a great idea.
Post a Comment