Monday, May 24, 2010

Isabel's Dance Recital

Isabel's dance recitals are nothing short of pure joy - for her, and for us. She thinks performing on stage is about the greatest thing ever. She loves dancing with her whole heart, and is a performance perfectionist. She reminds me SO much of myself when I was her age, esp. since I took dance for years; it was one of my favorite things ever, and I also loved performing. She's just a darling, fun, full-of-life little thing. She's the oldest in her dance class, but the tiniest. I think that's something she's going to have to get used to. :)

Her costume was simply luscious-
Isabel and her good friend Kyla. They've had lots of fun being in dance class together this year-
Isabel and her dance teacher, Mrs. Whittler-
Getting flowers from her teacher on stage after the show-
Our family. Not a great picture - it was super windy that evening (it's been a super windy Spring actually)-
Isabel with Nanna (Brian's mom)-
And with the flowers from her dad and brothers, who were all incredibly proud of her.

And the video! Isabel's class only did a ballet number this year.



After the recital, she kept asking when her next recital will be, and said she'll probably do some recitals at home for the family.

She gave Connor a petal from her rose and told him it's so he can "remember her always, and her beautiful recital."

She has repeatedly told me that the recital is her favorite thing to do, and that she loves the stage.

After the recital, she told me she gave a "big smile to everyone in the audience who was cheering for her."

This morning she woke up and came into my room and said she had a bad dream. I asked her what the bad dream was about. She said, "I dreamed that I won't have any more recitals."

That girl is my heart's delight. What a special memory.

8 comments:

Colleen said...

Ha ha, that little girl of yours is quite the little personality, isn't she? Super cute.

Kristi said...

Oh my heart. Her comments are killing me! She really is such a doll baby. I'm glad you enjoy her so much - she is a treasure!

ps. The family picture is CUTE. Looking good, girl!

Lori said...

What a special time! It's fun to watch your kids get so excited for things and have fun.

Yes I am doing Pennsylvania, but I am litteraly leaving the day Lillian gets out of school (June 11) to head out to Milwaukee and I will be back around June 21st or so. I know it's a bit of a chance, but hopefully it's early enough I won't have any problems. Keep your fingers crossed for me. :-) Lillian would be so bummed if we didn't go.

Anonymous said...

Adorable!

Kristina said...

So funny. What a great Kangaroo Hop dance! Isabel really knew her stuff! She looks just like you in your dance costumes. Twins I tell you.

Paula said...

She looks so cute, I love all the make-up, right up my girl's alley, so fun.

andrea said...

Isabel is like a real life little doll! Her costume is the cutest.thing.ever.

Ashley said...

DARLING! She is precious!!! Love her!