Some scenes from his first week of life
Getting ready to leave the hospital. He is wearing the same outfit I brought Connor and Lucas home in-




A few other pictures from the week-







My talented photog friend Kristie took some pictures in the hospital. Because Mason surprised us, I hadn't had a chance to coordinate outfits for the photos, and had to leave it up to Brian. I also would have liked to do Isabel's hair. But they are beautiful. I can scarcely believe I have 4 such amazing children. Here are a few-



Mason lost his cord today, after a traumatizing experience in which I unknowingly almost tore it off when I was holding him against me in just a diaper. His cord - and my nerves - were subsequently hanging by a thread. I brought him to the doctor, who said it is totally fine. It looks much better today. And he is somewhat jaundiced, but not enough to need treatment.
I continue to recover. Seriously sleep deprived, incision still healing and slightly sore, but overall, happy to have the C-section behind me and not be pregnant anymore. But Mason is worth everything and more.
12 comments:
The pic of all 4 kids just kills me- it is hard to imagine how small Mason is until you put him next to that bunch!
Glad that things are going well- or at least, normal newbornish! Do you think that is a word? It is now:)
Enjoy every moment- it is such a short time in their lives;)
I agree with Lara-such a great shot with all 4! Nathan laughed, too. What sweet pictures. He is a little love. Keep healing!
He really is so precious. What a tiny little peanut! That picture with the height comparisons is too fun. Good idea!
You really do have beautiful children. :)
BTW, Hope you are feeling better. I haven't had a c-sect, but I imagine it isn't any fun to recoup from. You're probably at the crazy hormone/sore nipple stage now too. ugh. But yes, so.so.so. worth it!
Handsome boy! Looking at the photos brings back the new baby smell to me here. Enjoy all of it.
I love the photos of all the kids laying down, he is such a tiny little boy! Congratulations, you've got four beautiful kids!
Adorable. And I agree with the rest - that shot with all 4 of them laying down is just great!
Marina loved the picture of all the kids. She just kept saying how big all your kids have gotten. Then she was blown away by the comparison. She also thinks it's crazy that you have 4 kids. Aren't they funny how they think? I am so jealous you got new born pictures taken by Christie Chadwick. I know she's your good friend, but I can still be jealous.
Congrats Melissa!!! He is so adorable! I feel the same way about Elia... Feel better- it will be great to have your parents there!
OH YAY! I'm just catching up after being gone for most the past 3 weeks... HE'S PERFECT! I love that he showed his brothers who's boss by claiming the 1st June birthday himself! Love the name too! So glad everyone is healthy and perfect! Can't wait to meet him! :) Love ya!
A belated congratulations on your precious Mason! We just got back from three weeks on the road and are just catching up on your updates -- what a great surprise to see your darling little peanut and his sweet siblings! Wishing you a quick recovery and extra energy!
Seriously swooning over here over your new guy. He is ADORABLE. And I am totally over the moon with the fact that all three boys wore the same coming home outfit - I love that. The 4 kid pics are so fun and a little overwhelming to me (are you catching my drift?). And those hospital pics turned out amazing!! Hope you're doing well my friend.
Post a Comment